Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up all, I am pretty new to this site and have been checking out the post often, I just ordered a 3 in skyjacker lift and some new Helo 16x8 wheels and Nitto 285/75/16 Terra Grappler tires can't wait...my ? is the Skyjacker a good lift? Ihave heard nothing but great things about it. I got everything coming to my door step for only 1671.00 and they are sending me a 100.00 gift card a couple of days after they ship my order, this company has alot of stuff ofr any truck out there and great prices, next will be intake any sugg's from everyone on what kind I shoud get?

Thanks for listening,

Bill

·
Registered
839 Posts
are they Helo Max 6 wheels? Supposedly the 16" version will intefere with the calipers. People usually get 17x9

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
brny67 said:
What up all, I am pretty new to this site and have been checking out the post often, I just ordered a 3 in skyjacker lift and some new Helo 16x8 wheels and Nitto 285/75/16 Terra Grappler tires can't wait...my ? is the Skyjacker a good lift? Ihave heard nothing but great things about it. I got everything coming to my door step for only 1671.00 and they are sending me a 100.00 gift card a couple of days after they ship my order, this company has alot of stuff ofr any truck out there and great prices, next will be intake any sugg's from everyone on what kind I shoud get?

Thanks for listening,

Bill
So you order the lift kit first, and then ask for information about it to see if it's a good kit?

I've also read alot on here that the 16" Helo Max 6's don't fit as well.

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
people have told me that skyjacker is a good lift,so I got it, I guess I made a mistake, I just ordered it about an hr ago, i will call and cancel the order, so what is a good susp kit to get?? toytec, revtec any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
839 Posts
brny67 said:
Hans,

is that a fact or just hear say?
just what i heard. I was going to buy helo max 16x8 because they were extremely cheap, but I was told they will not clear the caliper. NorCalTacoma is the resident wheel expert here, maybe you can wait until he chimes in.

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hans,

Thanks for helping, I guess I am really new to all the lifts and wheels and tires and stuff, I feel like an idiot sometimes because i DO not know much about it, but so far this site has been a big help 2 me, will 17x9 fit on my Taco? since they came with 16's on them?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
91 Posts
17x9 will fit... just make sure to check the backspacing

·
Planohog
06 taco, 94 F250
81 Posts
I looked at the skyjacker kit and it may work just fine, looks like it could be a pain
to install, I think autozone will do the spring compressions for you for a few extra bucks.
Let us know how it goes. -tmoore

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Norcal Tacoma,

Thanks for giving me that as well as everyone else, will do tomorrow, I think I read something on this site not to long ago about the hub bore should not be over 100 is that correct? and what kind of #'s should I be looking for on backspacing?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
91 Posts
I think the general recommendation for backspacing is 4.5" or more... the Maxx 6's in 17x9 work

·
Insitu Taco
06 Taco D-Cab Sport
463 Posts
Helo Black Maxx 6 16" wheels won't fit.. however Helo Black Maxx 8 16" wheels will fit... depends on which wheel it is...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts