Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 V6 Camry 1MZFE, 169,000 miles

I'm poor :crying: and tomorrow the nearest junkyard is having a 1/2 off sale on all parts.>:D

I have a 96 v6 Camry and my back end is dragging, bottoming out, even a fool like me knows I have to replace the rear suspension, principally the struts. It's bad, maybe even dangerous.

Can I snag and swap in the rear suspension from a 93 i4..? Will that work..?

How about a 96 i4..?

AND: Coming back my car kicked off two codes P150 and P153: What should I do...?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
P150; O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1
------------------

(Bank 2 is closest to the front car bumber, bank1 is at firewall)
Water or corrosion in the connector
Loose terminals in the connector
Wiring burnt on exhaust components
Open or short in the wiring due to rubbing on engine components
Holes in exhaust allowing unmetered oxygen into exhaust system
Unmetered vacuum leak at the engine
Bad o2 sensor
Bad PCM

P153; Oxygen Sensor Circuit slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1
-------------------------
The oxygen sensor is faulty
The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed
There is an exhaust leak

·
イリジウム
14,751 Posts
Rockauto's catalog shows (if you click on the part number) the rear struts for your car are usable on:

LEXUS ES300 1992-2002
TOYOTA AVALON 1995-2003
TOYOTA CAMRY 1992-2001
TOYOTA SOLARA 1999-2003

However, assemblies that old (93, 96) likely aren't much better than what you have. And Gen 4 I4 have cheap, weaker springs in the back.

Maybe cheap assemblies on rockauto, such as the FCS for $62.79 each + shipping might be better? A gamble? Dunno. At least you don't have to remove them twice. ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...good point.

I remember there's somewhere here at TN we can go and get a 5% off code..? Do you know where that is..?

Do you know if R.A. is pretty reasonable about shipping charges? I'm in Calif, I don't know if that's super far away from them.

·
イリジウム
14,751 Posts
BTW, Gen 4 Monroe's el cheap Econo-Matic rear assemblies about $71 show:

LEXUS ES300 1992-2001
TOYOTA AVALON 1997-2003
TOYOTA CAMRY 1992-2001

So you may actually have a lot more choices. But double, triple check the applications. You don't want to get stuck with assemblies that don't fit. Ground shipping to you should be about $32 to say San Francisco. But not sure about you making a warranty claim and shipping back. You can probably contact Rockauto and discuss. Otherwise Autozone may be a better deal in case of warranty claims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.