Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions to beef up the rear suspension? I haven't found any OEM or aftermarket products for the 2018 Highlander. Makes me think there are no options.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Any suggestions to beef up the rear suspension? I haven't found any OEM or aftermarket products for the 2018 Highlander. Makes me think there are no options.
Welcome to TN. Q...Why do u need to beef up rear suspension ?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
KYB OEM or whatever is OEM. There is not a big demand for... aftermarket performance/heavy duty suspension for Highlanders but at the same time I am sure you can find plenty of no-name companies that makes suspension for it. Whether or not they are heavy duty or not is a different story. Highlander for the family, 4Runner for the off-road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to TN. Q...Why do u need to beef up rear suspension ?
Towing a travel trailer. Using a weight distribution hitch that works very well, but there is just enough sag to raise the headlight aiming point into eyes of oncoming drivers. I don't like being inconsiderate like that, or being perceived to be inconsiderate. Hoping to find just enough help in the rear end to compensate.

BTW, I've read down through this thread. The comments have been quite helpful. I appreciate that. I still am wondering if solutions for 2016 Highlanders will work for a 2018 Highlander. I know they are both considered "3rd Generation," but are the suspension systems the same in both models?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Towing a travel trailer. Using a weight distribution hitch that works very well, but there is just enough sag to raise the headlight aiming point into eyes of oncoming drivers. I don't like being inconsiderate like that, or being perceived to be inconsiderate. Hoping to find just enough help in the rear end to compensate.

BTW, I've read down through this thread. The comments have been quite helpful. I appreciate that. I still am wondering if solutions for 2016 Highlanders will work for a 2018 Highlander. I know they are both considered "3rd Generation," but are the suspension systems the same in both models?
They are identical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts