Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to this site, and was wondering if you guys might help me out. I have read and read till I have driven myself crazy. Here is the dilemma, I want a lift I already have 18x9 rims with 285/65/R18 tires on them and they rub just a lil bit. I have a 2005 TRD DC 4x4 and I don't know whether to go with a Toytec 3", Toytec 3" with the coils, or get a 2.5" with the leafs. I don't do much offroading so I don't want to sink 2,000 into a C/O lift just to keep my tires from rubbing. I also pull a 6x12 trailer with a rubicon on it for hunting, so would this affect anything. Could you please give me some insight on how the ride would be with the lift and basically tell me what I should get and also do I need to get a front differential drop with either the 3" or the 2.5". I would greatly appreciate any help because I am lost........

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
If you dont want to spend the $$ get the toytec. maybe step up to the Dakar leaf pack since you haul and tow a lot. Diff drop isnt needed.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
What's your budget? I'd recommend you get the best suspension components for what you can afford. How's that for non-specific, useless info? :rolleyes:

Tons of satisfied OME/Toytec owners on this board. Read through some of those threads (like the group buy sticky at the top of this section) if you want opinions on ride quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts