Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2021 xse Highlander has a front suspension noise that the service department says they can’t hear/feel. Has been there since new, only 1700 miles now. What is my next step? Is there someone from Toyota to contact?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can you go to another dealer? Like someone mentioned on this forum some dealer may not be able to give you the best deal on new car but they have excellent shop service.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Maybe you can go on a test drive with them so that you can point out the noise if you hear it? Or maybe you can make a video that clearly captures the noise (it won't help if it's some really faint noise that blends in to the road noise). Any more specific information you can provide to them other than "I hear a front suspension noise" may help to pinpoint the problem. Under what conditions does it occur? Are you doing anything other than driving straight, such as turning, hitting a bump in the road, does speed matter or does it happen at any speed, and so on. Even left side vs. right side will be more helpful than "front".

Your dealer may not be trying to be difficult, but maybe they don't hear what you do or maybe the noise has a logical explanation so it's not sticking out to them as a problem. A lot more communication between both you and the people at the dealer may help quite a bit.

There has been a crazy number of reports here of the front struts leaking from day one. That's something you can look for yourself, but you really have to get under the car to do it so you can look behind the wheel/tire. You'd see oil leaking down the strut if that's the problem. If you don't see oil on the strut, then that's not it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts