Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a 2010 Sequoia Platinum with 250,000 mostly highway miles on it.

I had it inspected, and the Toyota dealer said the front and back shocks on the driver's side are leaking.

Would this vehicle likely need to have all 4 shocks replaced, and are other suspension components also likely to need replacing?

Opinions and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sequioa 1st Gen
55 Posts
Depends on your budget I'd say, I'd do a suspension service, replace shocks and re-grease everything and thoroughly inspect and test drive before and after. Could you attach a picture of the shocks leaking?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on your budget I'd say, I'd do a suspension service, replace shocks and re-grease everything and thoroughly inspect and test drive before and after. Could you attach a picture of the shocks leaking?
a

Thank for your suggstions, EliteSequoia. After thinking about the likelihood that all the shocks have amost 450,000 miles on them, the service department's recommendation to replace them all makes sense. Unfortunately, new shocks + new tires (due to cupping) ran the cost of buying the sequoia over my budget. I'm bummed, because Sequoias are amazing vehicles.

Also take a good look at how the tires are wearing.
Thank you sdspeed, the tire wear on relatively new tires is bad, cupping on all tires and with one tire on the side with bad shocks at the end of its safe life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.