Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1986 pickup. right now its standard height. i need to replace the struts and thought might as well go up with it.
what r some good lift kits?
somebody told me about tokico makes a suspension kit?
need help. im new to the 4x4 scene.
thanks

·
This Space For Rent
14,156 Posts
It all depends on the amount of money your're willing to spend. A great setup would be to get some type of performance coilovers like Donohoes, Sway-A-Ways, Fox, etc. for the front. These will run you from about $600 to $1000 and over. As for the rears you can get custom leaf packs from Deaver or Alcan and those will run you another $500-$700.

If you're a cheapie, Fabtech makes a good all around kit, not sure how much those run, you'll have to check up on that yourself. Below is a link to all the pros and cons of the different suspension setup for you, hope it helps you out.

http://www.CustomTacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Bro,
86 Yota P-ups have IFS w/Shocks up front, and Leaf rears. No struts or coilovers to be found on these. How high did you want to go?

Check out Downeyoff-road.com-They have a moderate 1.5-2inch lift which is the new front torsion bars and a pair of rear leafs. I think the whole kit runs about $350.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.