Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some money in the bank and thought its time to make my 1991 corolla gl handel better and was just wondering what i should get to make it do that. and what should i get first harder springs or a trd anti roll bar?

·
Do you wanna have a try??
Corolla AE101
92 Posts
Harden spring better ride quality...
Not too hard... i forget what they called already... all i remember is if you want street performance is between 8-14, racing is 1-7 and normal is 14 above...
I heard from a program...
Am i correct...
please teach me, i'm eager to know more

·
Registered
8 Posts
suspension

most of the time, a good start is a good damper and spring set-up.For shocks, tokico's or illumina's, KYB's or whatever you choose. Adjustablity in shock stiffness is nice to have but costs more than your non-adjustable shock. Now depending on how stiff a ride you want all depends on the spring rates. if you don't want stiffness to the point where you bounce around alot over even small bumps, go for a semi-race spring. You will get a good stiffness in it but still have the ride comfort. Some U.S. companies such as eibach, suspension techniques, intrax:)thumbdown) have suspension kits at a good price. But you can look into the japanese market for spring kits and have a huuge selection to choose from. A good set of springs and shocks is the best way to start. After those are complete then going for a sway bar or whatnot is more benificial because the whole point of a sway bar (anti roll bar) is to reduce the amount of body roll the car experiences in a turn. With a good shock and spring set-up your sway bar can perform it's job properly because it's not having to reduce the body roll your oem springs and shocks cause. Anyways, either way you go it's up to you. see ya

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.