Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm trying to find the best way to take some of the body roll and stiffen up the suspension without: making a "chopy" ride; or changing out the shocks and struts. I want to lower the car eventually, next spring when I get the body kit, so I don't want to have to change all of that stuff twice. I was told to get a front upper sway bar. Any other suggestions?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
What car is it? Does it have front AND rear Sway bars? If so, just get yourself front and rear strut bars - will stiffen up the chassis a little.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if ur gonna lower the car....pick any brand u like...depending on what car u drive...u should have various companies to chose from....add a set of adjustable shocks while your at it to save on labour.....front and rear tower bars...and the car should handle rock solid....what is the purpose of ur car for??....street driving??....tracking??....if its just for daily driving....just lower the car and get some adjustables...no use beefing up the suspension if ur not gonna put it to use....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess it would have helped to specify the car! Blonde Moment :disappoin

I have a 2000 Corolla VE. Basically it's just causal driving for now. But I live out in the county and the car doesn't handle very well on back roads once you hit about 70-80mph. I know that the obvious answer would be to slow down, but there's no fun in that. The suspension is still factory, for now. I want to modify the motor and see how much power I can pull out of the VVTi, but not until I'm sure that the car will be able to handle it. I just don't want to buy something to find out that it's not what I need or doesn't make a noticable difference.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i think that if u just lower the car and get some adjustable shocks it will definitely improve the handling.....as for adding more power....i don't think u have alot of aftermarket support available for your car....u can always just make it breathe a little better....exhaust and intake will give u a little more speed than stock.....are ur tires still stock also??....u could also look into getting bigger rims and better tires to improve handling also....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still looking for an intake for the VVTi, the one I had on there made the car really sluggish from 0-30mph. Exhaust I'm looking into. I don't want something really loud. Stock tires were 185/65R14, I have Yokahama's at 195/60HR14. I want to get rims but I'm going to wait til spring for that one too. First winter driving in this car.

How do you feel about the lowering clips that you put on the stock springs? Are they ok, or should I just look into new ones?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^please don't use them...they are very dangerous and a cheap way to lower the car,they are prolly worse than cutting the stock springs option....get urself a proper set of lowering springs if u want to lower it.....if u can't make ur car go faster...at least u can make it go faster thru the turns.....;)

but also keep in mind....when u lower the car...it will affect ur ride quality somewhat....u may or may not have camber issues/uneven tire wear to keep in consideration also....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a 2001 Corolla LE and will be going with Tein H tech springs which lower the front 1.3" and the rear .8" with KYB GR-2 struts and 17" rims on 205/40/17 tires.

The H tech springs are supposed to be a more comfortable ride compared to tein s tech springs which lower the front 1.8" and the rear 1.3".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts