Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know approximately how long a strut and spring job should take? i.e. 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
are u doing it urself or paying someone to do it.....my mechanic...with some help.....changed springs in my car in under 1/2 hour FYI....but other ppls make take longer.....shops will generally charge you 1 hour labour minimnum or more....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at having someone do it.

I have had 2 quotes so far. One was $550 for the struts, springs and top strut bar. Other quote was $125. I think I am going to post both quotes (including parts costs) by tomorrow just to let everyone advise if I am being ripped off.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Most "official" shops will whack you for 4-6 hours.
It's BS and I paid the price the first time....never again.

Seems everyone in the "know" get's them installed for CD$100.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info this clarifies things for me. I have received 3 quotes to do the following:

Parts (with range of pricing):
Front Tokico struts $130.00 to $175 each
Rear Tokico struts &130.00 to $175 each
Eibach 1.3" lowering springs are $320.00 to $380.00
Ractive polished strut bar is $50.00 to $65.00

View this as all a wash. The installation is an issue:

Master Performance quoted $550 + $69.95 for the alignment
Max Motor Sports quoted $145 + $79.95

I am thinking of calling the local Toyota Dealer and finding out what they would charge for the installation and use that as as the baseline.

The one thing that MaxMotorSports stated is that I should consider is installing a camber kit. Anyone have any thoughts on doing this? I mainly am driving on the highway and I drive all year around. I simply don't think this is necessary but would love to hear the thoughts of others on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
I spent $900 on mine 2 years ago...

KYB drop ins for front and struts for rear $350
Apex 1.6inch springs $300 (got a deal on these)
install and alignment $250 (Gillmans in Scarboro)

Toyota will charge you like $500 for something like this. I suggest you try Gillmans In scarboro they have a good rep. :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
its definately a 2 hr job at most, especially if your paying an experienced person to install them

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the info. After boucing questions back and forth with the one place I know what I want to do and am comfortable with their pricing and labour charges.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
lol drive down to my place we do it in my driveway and we go to my school for an allignment lol 10 bucks shop fee at school and maby pay me like 50 bucks and drive back home SIMPLE AS THAT whatcha say ???? :p: buy the parts online im gunna purchase my eibach pro kit for 240 sum this week and u can buy that KYB stuff alot cheaper online im sure it should cost that much at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts