Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is runnin pretty high up there in mileage so i figured i would start to save my money for an engine swap in case my motor decides to crap out on me hopefully not but never can be too careful....so what i was wondering is....PRIMARILY would there be any trouble swapping the camry V6 into my 4cyl? i have a gen 3 '94 camry LE so i would appreciate advice onn if i could do that.....would i need the same year V6 or could i get a newer camry V6? OR could i possibly swap my motor for a LEXUS ES300 motor? an if that's possible and while i'm still dreaming...could i swap my motor for the newer lexus IS300 motor? anyway back to the camry V6 any different connections that would present a problem? drivetrain? hoses? different radiator? when you swap in a new engine does that starter and alternator come with it? or do i keep some of my 4cyl parts? if so then what parts? if you guys know any of this info lemme know...and if anyone knows roughly how much a shop would charge to drop a motor and get it runnin that would be helpful too....i don't know much about engines or swapping i know enough about cars to get by but this stuff is way over my head....anyway thanks guys hope to hear from all ya

·
Registered
214 Posts
um, i think es300 has the 1mz much like the v6 cams...correct me if i'm wrong

2jz motor will not go in cause it's rwd...so unless you wanna dump that kinda cash, it's a dream

hit up zonicamry, he's done the swap...i think custom wiring harness was the biggest problem people run into

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Same as above, but for the ES engine, you will need to swap out the Tranny, the ES like the Avie from the late 90s till now are 5spd autos

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
ES300 also come with the 3vz-fe witch is the dream V6 motor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts