Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a pretty decent chance that I will be buying a 2002/3 in the next few months, the truck was originally from Texas, If I swap the OG cluster for a Canadian one from a junkyard will it work or are there other things that will need to be changed for that swap to work?

thanks.

·
Registered
Tundra/Ram/Buick PA
73 Posts
There is a pretty decent chance that I will be buying a 2002/3 in the next few months, the truck was originally from Texas, If I swap the OG cluster for a Canadian one from a junkyard will it work or are there other things that will need to be changed for that swap to work?

thanks.
Not sure if the Toyota is the same as my Ram. I wanted to change out my cluster. The DodgeTalk forum spelled out that the vehicle has to be taken to the dealership, they would remove the cluster, I would have to pay for the new or used cluster, and then both cluster would be sent away. The vehicle would have to stay at the dealership until the job is done. The second cluster would be programmed with the correct information and milage. After the second cluster gets to the dealership, they would install it and you get the vehicle back. And yeah, with the dealership in the middle of it, it jacks the price. My understanding is it has to be done that way for traceability.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,619 Posts
I would guess if you had access to Techstream that you could reprogram the ECU fer the things that needed the metric readings. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts