Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry LE
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember where, but I saw a post saying the rear swaybar came in 14mm and 16mm variants. But most sway bars I've measured are 14mm.
HOWEVER, I measured the rear bar on an es250 and discovered it was 15mm.
Not sure if this is known or not if the es250 bars were factory 15mm.

So I'm curious to hear the different factory sizes people have seen.
Since I know the whiteline is 17mm, and addco is 19mm.

·
Toyota Collector
11,826 Posts
Don't know the ES bar has a different part number. If it actually is 1mm larger then why not grab one since the aftermarket ones are no longer available, or are they?

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry LE
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know the ES bar has a different part number. If it actually is 1mm larger then why not grab one since the aftermarket ones are no longer available, or are they?
I might grab it next time one rolls in, or if the car is around during the sale haha. The rear bar is a bit of a chore.
Might be more effective to get poly bushings and lateral locks on the stock bar haha.

But nobody makes the rear bars anymore, I think the last addco one on Amazon got bought. But that one would be too still I feel, without a front sway bar.

·
Toyota Collector
11,826 Posts
The front V6 bar is thicker I have one but never put it on my '87 maybe I will next time the car needs control arms. I check Ebay Australia for gen2 parts have yet to come across a sway bar.

·
Young Toyota Fella
7 Posts
I check Ebay Australia for gen2 parts have yet to come across a sway bar.
Yeah I live here in AUS and from what ive seen it's been a long time i since seen a v6 on the road. My local wreckers rarely have v6's come in and in the past month there hasn't even been 4cyl in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts