Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Big T Dizzle fo Rizzle
2001 Corolla LE
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any vendors interested in setting up a swaybar group buy? Any members interested in buying one in a group buy?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would be interested.

But I'm new to suspension, and this might be stuff we can talk about later, but I have a few noob Q's:
-what sort of spring rate are they setup for? low or high spring rate springs? ie. will it be a large or small diameter sway bars?
-how much will this affect the independence of each wheel's suspension? how much will ride quality be compromised over bumpy roads?
-is the stiffness adjustable?
-is this for front and rear sway bars? if both, can we order the proportion of roll stiffness higher for rear bars to reduce understeer?
-and price? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between $130-$300

·
Big T Dizzle fo Rizzle
2001 Corolla LE
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 what sort of spring rate are they setup for? low or high spring rate springs? ie. will it be a large or small diameter sway bars?
2 how much will this affect the independence of each wheel's suspension? how much will ride quality be compromised over bumpy roads?
3 is the stiffness adjustable?
4 is this for front and rear sway bars? if both, can we order the proportion of roll stiffness higher for rear bars to reduce understeer?
5 and price? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between $130-$300
1 they can be used with stock or aftermarket springs

2 in my experience in other cars, the straight line handling is unaffected. you'll notice the difference upon entering and exiting turns.

3 not with the stock end-links, and I don't know of any aftermarket end links.

4 I'd be looking for a set of front and rear. no special preordering

5 I'd guess around $300

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...=2001&autoModClar=&partNum=HT22421&perfCode=S

As an example. Whiteline makes them too, but I don't know of any US distributors.

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
There's a group buy for suspension parts including sway bars already on TRDforums. Ever heard of UltraRacing? There's tri point front strut bars, rear strut bars, braces, sways, fender bars, and more there. The problem was there was too much interest and not enough people who could back up their words with money. The group buy is still sitting there. I'm sure you could revive it though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've used Whiteline sway bars on my Subarus and have been very happy with their fit and finish. They also have adjustable sway bars so that the stiffness can be adjusted. Even with stock suspension you'll be able to notice improved steering response (front sway bar) and less body roll in the corners.

·
Big T Dizzle fo Rizzle
2001 Corolla LE
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There's a group buy for suspension parts including sway bars already on TRDforums. Ever heard of UltraRacing? There's tri point front strut bars, rear strut bars, braces, sways, fender bars, and more there. The problem was there was too much interest and not enough people who could back up their words with money. The group buy is still sitting there. I'm sure you could revive it though.
I'll check that out now, thanks!

TRD Forums group buy

If those interested here could just sign up and get in on that GB, that'd be great. CollaboraTION!

·
Old Fart
2002 Corolla LE
910 Posts
1 they can be used with stock or aftermarket springs

2 in my experience in other cars, the straight line handling is unaffected. you'll notice the difference upon entering and exiting turns.

3 not with the stock end-links, and I don't know of any aftermarket end links.

4 I'd be looking for a set of front and rear. no special preordering

5 I'd guess around $300

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...=2001&autoModClar=&partNum=HT22421&perfCode=S
Pro Street Online has them cheaper than Tire Rack

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/hotchkis-street-sway-bars.asp

·
Registered
397 Posts
I suggest that you read the entire thread first before posting.

That vendor has 8 different products to choose from.
thanks for the response, but I think you misunderstood my question

allow me to clarify:

When I looked at the GB on the TRD forums page, I saw the following items:

3-Point Fender Bars-$150 + s/h
3-Point Front Strut Bar-$130 + s/h
2-Point Rear Strut Bar-$120 + s/h
2-Point Rear Strut Bar(AE101)-$120 + s/h
4-Point Rear Strut Bar(AE111)-$140 + s/h
2-Point Adjustable Room Bar-$130 + s/h
19mm Rear Sway Bar-$209 + s/h
4-Point Front Lower Bar-$140 + s/h

looking at the pictures and item titles, I only saw ONE item listed as a sway bar, and it is for the rear: "19mm Rear Sway Bar-$209 + s/h"

so it was my understanding that there is in fact, no front sway bar on that page. Only front strut bars, lower bars, and fender bars.

so does that mean that the TRD forums group buy items does NOT include a front sway bar?

is the only sway bar they are selling through their group buy, just for a rear sway bar?

or is there an additional front sway bar that I may have missed?

does that make more sense? I did read the entire thread, and proceeded to post here after doing so, I just removed the full explanation and asked about the bottom line; sorry if it wasn't clear

·
Big T Dizzle fo Rizzle
2001 Corolla LE
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the response, but I think you misunderstood my question

allow me to clarify:

When I looked at the GB on the TRD forums page, I saw the following items:

19mm Rear Sway Bar-$209 + s/h
It may be because a softer bar up front is better to reduce understeer

·
Registered
37 Posts
3 point fender bars sounds real nice.

Wouldn't mind the 2 point rear strut bar either. Thats the one for inside the truck right? top of the shock tower deal??

Whats the 4 point front lower bar?

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
3 point fender bars sounds real nice.

Wouldn't mind the 2 point rear strut bar either. Thats the one for inside the truck right? top of the shock tower deal??

Whats the 4 point front lower bar?
The 2 point rear strut bar is mounted across the rear towers, yes.

That's a lower brace. It's strengthens and stiffens out the entire chassis in general.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts