Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
05 Red crew cab
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coworker just bought his soon to be 16 year old son a 07 Taco 4x4 SR5 loaded. I believe he ordered everything you could put on the truck. Lots of extra safety devices, back-up camera, bull bar/skid plate, 18" Enkei wheels and Michelin Tires, oval wide running boards, bed extender, bed divider, bed mat, stripes, tool box, Bola exhaust, K&N etc. :smokin: :cool:

Must be nice! I looked up wheels that are available on several web sites and the 18" Enkei didn't even show up.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
pretty cool. tell him to come on here, so he can spend more money.

what cab config is it?

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
I thought the Toyota Enkei's were 20" wheels. But if they put 18s on there then it was just a dealer thing.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
tetsuo166 said:
I thought the Toyota Enkei's were 20" wheels. But if they put 18s on there then it was just a dealer thing.
Toyota Enkeis are 20"s. They're the WT4s, I have them.

·
Gil
2006 Tocama 4X4
211 Posts
Hopefully he is a good kid. If not, sounds like a recipe for spoilage. Though he could well afford it, the first and only car my dad bought me was a '73 Vega that needed a head gasket off the lot. One major incentive for me to stay in school and learn to work hard was to get that new Toyota Celica I wanted on my dime. Oh by the way, I am up for adoption if you co-worker wants another kid!!!

·
Registered
05 Red crew cab
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Enkei

Jotaro said:
I read the tire size and it says 18"...also the above link show 18" ENKEI. Still don't know why when you check tire/wheel sites they don't list ENKEI's as available for 05+ Tacomas.

It's a double cab.

I checked out the mirror which has the camera viewer (not noted in attachment as available Toyota Tacoma accessory- probably only added as a 07' accessory). The camera eye is mounted in the tail gate and wires feed down the left side tailgate support cable (has one of those split plastic cable protectors that wrap around the wires and support cable).
Hope the kid never has tailgate problems.............

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
726 Posts
Damn, my 16th b-day present from my parents was a '69 beetle that my uncle had already given me a month before. Parents have strange ideas about gifts sometimes. That car was fun as hell though...ever been in a stock beetle doing 110? I don't reccomend it.:eek:

·
Lady in Red
1,515 Posts
Shoot for my 16th b-day I probably got an LP and a poster of "The Monkees"!! I didn't get a car (3 year old Fiat Strada) until I graduated from college and I was plenty pleased to have any means of transportation!

·
Humble Servant
2012 DC PreRun Auto
1,158 Posts
Let's just hope he's the exception to the rule.
The odds are one, or both, will happen:

1- he'll trash it. Either abuse, run into a tree, another vehicle whatever. We can only hope without loss of life or serious injury- particularly to another party.
2- he won't learn to appreciate earning his way, nor really appreciate what is given him.

There are exceptions, but I've only heard about them, and all instances I have seen have been to the contrary.

And no, a kid doesn't HAVE to have a vehicle, much less the newest most expensive, dropped in his lap. My daughter bought her first car last August - 3 months after graduation - From college. Her gift was half the car. She shopped, read, studied, and selected everything based on that effort. We helped her, didn't hand it out on a platter. She loves that car because she's earned it.

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
^^ yeah spoiled kids usually don't appreciate things that much...but what do i know.

·
Taco-ma-ma
124 Posts
At age 16, my dad bought my brother and me a new 1971 Chevelle SS- orange with white racing strips, factory mags, 350 V8, white buckets, etc. He was going to buy us the 454 with cowl induction and Hurst 4 speed, but thought it was overkill! Then I turned 22 and married into a VW Rabbit- crap- should have realized the karma of that situation!

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
When I turned 16 I got a 4 year-old 2001 Chevy Silverado that I had run into a ditch 5 months before. My dad said, "You break it, you buy it." I immediately had a job and was paying the $360 truck note and saving for repair bills and mods. Two months later the truck was repaired and fully repainted, lowered 2", had projector HIDs, 20" wheels, dual exhaust, cold air intake, limo tint, and water up to the dash from a flood. Oh, and I had to have a $3000 down payment in the form of a running 1971 Ford Bronco that I had been rebuilding for 3 years. Some say I'm spoiled with my Tacoma, but I've just had a series of fortunate events and parents who trust and respect me. I also had to give my dad a $4500 down payment and assume $365 payments.

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
hmm... for my 16th i got a 94 eagle talon tsi awd, i felt really spoiled and lucky, albeit the car only cost my dad $5K thats still $5K more then he had to spend. And yea within the first month of getting it i got into an accident like an idiot, cars fine though but i felt like i really let my dad down.

You can almost place a bet on it, kids who get nice cars as first cars WILL crash it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
15th Birthday-----In '83 I got a '76 Camaro with a hopped up 350, auto trans w/manual valve body, and shag carpet (the kind that's in your living room). That car was a dog but fast.....

I was SO happy when I turned 16. My present was a job bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly. That led to a 1980 toyota celica that replaced the POS Camaro.

That job was the best gift my dad ever gave me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts