Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the store I saw 3 packs of Mobil 1 Synthetic

When I used Mobil web site for help, it recommended all three :surprise: recommendations here after putting the make and model

1. Mobil 1 fully synthetic
  2. Mobil 1™ High Mileage
  3. Mobil 1 Mobil 1™ Annual Protection
MY 07 Highlander Hybrid has 190K miles, runs clean and does not burn oil (knock on wood) and would like to know which one to use... :smile: can you please advise.

Attachments

·
5,909 Posts
Use whatever parts store you buying from full synthetic brand in 5W20. I buy from O'Reiley, so I use their house brand full synth. No need to spend big bucks on spendy oils that work basically same.
What you better off doing is to pour can of Seafom into oil and drive on it for about a week. Then drain, fill with cheapest oil you can find in your weight, 5W20, drive around for about 15 miles, drain, replace filter with BEST filter you can find, do not save on filters, refill with ful synthetic. You just cleaned and naturally flushed entire engine.
Be well.

·
Registered
971 Posts
MY 07 Highlander Hybrid has 190K miles, runs clean and does not burn oil (knock on wood) and would like to know which one to use... :smile: can you please advise.
If you plan to keep the vehicle for many more years I'd use 5W-30 high mileage oil to guard against expensive to fix oil leaks like crank and camshaft oil seal leaks. I would not use Seafoam in the oil - it's mostly kerosene and could encourage oil leaks since kerosene deteriorates rubber which is what engine oil seals are made of. If your engine has received oil changes on time for the past 10 years it is likely clean inside so would be nothing much for seafoam to clean up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
At the store I saw 3 packs of Mobil 1 Synthetic

When I used Mobil web site for help, it recommended all three :surprise: recommendations here after putting the make and model

1. Mobil 1 fully synthetic
  2. Mobil 1™ High Mileage
  3. Mobil 1 Mobil 1™ Annual Protection
Different strokes. I would use the oil that got you to 190k with no leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
FZ1
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing