Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Toyota T100
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I work to get my t-100 back closer to perfect, I am discovering there are some things I just needed or things that would have saved me a ton of time. I'm sure there are lots of others that I will still need. Hopefully, others will post their finds to this thread and make it easier to outfit a tool box with the gotta haves. I got one of these based on forum posts I've read lately.

(1) OBD2 bluetooth adapter - cost less than 10 bucks on amazon - download an app for another 10 bucks and I have scan tool that exceeds the capabilities of one that costs hundreds. All in, less than 20 bucks.

(2) Cheap Boroscope - I bought one of these cheap Chinese models and holy cow, wish I had it months ago. Less than 20 bucks, I got a wifi model. I hook it up to a juice pack and get it placed where I want to look, then using my cell phone I can view it remotely. I have recently used it to look at something that was rattling under the truck while driving. This would be super helpful for a million different things. There are tons of choices on eBay / amazon for these things. It paid for itself in the first few hours of having it. I wish I had this when I was looking for my water intrusion problem as it would have saved hours of taking things apart.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,926 Posts
Mine was finally breaking down and buying a powerful Flashlight/headlamp, the type you pull over onto you forehead. Look mom, both hands are free and nothing in my teeth!
The things we can all ask for in our Xmas Stockings from Santa this year :)

·
Registered
1997 T100 RWD Auto
79 Posts
For me, some of the indespensible tools I use regularly:
A good multi-meter. A few years ago I bit the bullet and paid around $80 for a decent used multi-meter. Testing electrical components and trouble-shooting wiring has been a regular thing on my t100.

My large air-compressor with a looooooong hose. I use it for so many things almost every day that it would be difficult to live without it now. The previous owner of our house just left it here when we bought the house... Before that I never knew how much I needed it.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,926 Posts
For me, some of the indespensible tools I use regularly:
A good multi-meter. A few years ago I bit the bullet and paid around $80 for a decent used multi-meter. Testing electrical components and trouble-shooting wiring has been a regular thing on my t100.

My large air-compressor with a looooooong hose. I use it for so many things almost every day that it would be difficult to live without it now. The previous owner of our house just left it here when we bought the house... Before that I never knew how much I needed it.
If he left a large compressor ya might want to stay out of the basement!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lithium ion ratchets. Zip zip.
But honestly the tool i use the most is my 15$ walmart socket set.
Oh and a big hammer

I thought this thread was abt toolboxes that fit in a T100. Theyre hard to find, for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts