So I finally was able to tinker around with the blower and evaporator this weekend. Blower was filled with crud so I cleaned that out. Evaporator was dirty but not as bad as Bams.After making a few more tweaks to the drain tube, a quick run out to Temple and back proves the tubing makes a super big difference! No more condensation back up! With the end of the tubing in the airflow, I believe it will help draw out any water in the tray. The AC was almost as cold as it was in my 1993 T-100.
This mod is a MUST DO fer yer T-100!
I think my next experiment will be to see if I can git the condensation to fill a reserve jug located in the front so I can use the cool water reserve to spray mist the condenser when I'm in stop and go traffic. I'm think a good gallon should work.
I did install the same drain tube on the 1996 T-100 and I fit the hose in the gap between the frame and the body mount bracket. I'll have to do a quick short test run tomorrow and see how well it works in that setup, too.
I've had a bucket underneath the evaporator housing to catch the water that leaks inside due to the condensation. There's quite a bit of it that comes out. I'm going to try this tubing thing to see if it helps any. As far as I can tell, the original tube is kind of kinked at the drain plug to the hole. I reversed the tube but it will still make a kink due to the positioning of those things.