Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my tach died, which is kinda aggravating when you drive stick (I can shift by feel, but I still like a working gauge) For a while the tach would not turn on, or die while i'm driving, then come back to life.

Anyways

I'm pretty sure its not a connection problem at this point, but all I could do was to make sure the connector was tight in (which it was). If anyone can tell me something else to check, tell me!

Those who have aftermarket tachs, are they pretty plug-and-play or do they need to be calibrated?

How much would a whole new insturment cluster cost?

Do you think they just sell the needle actuators? Would they need to be calibrated?

Thanks!

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
342 Posts
trypsix said:
Well, my tach died, which is kinda aggravating when you drive stick (I can shift by feel, but I still like a working gauge) For a while the tach would not turn on, or die while i'm driving, then come back to life.

Anyways

I'm pretty sure its not a connection problem at this point, but all I could do was to make sure the connector was tight in (which it was). If anyone can tell me something else to check, tell me!

Those who have aftermarket tachs, are they pretty plug-and-play or do they need to be calibrated?

How much would a whole new insturment cluster cost?

Do you think they just sell the needle actuators? Would they need to be calibrated?

Thanks!
You can get a used instrument cluster on ebay for about 60 bucks or so. Plug and play. DO NOT buy a new one from the dealer, as they run about 300 dollars or so for a 4th gen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd agree with you 'cept no-one on e-bay has an insturment cluster from a manual tranny car :headbang:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts