1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
straight cash homie
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine was already built at the taco stand, however I bought it on a Monday and got fajitas instead.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,704 Posts
Probably built better in Mexico by motivated workers than unionized Americans who will receive top pay and virtually never get fired no matter how terrible their work.

·
straight cash homie
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Probably built better in Mexico by motivated workers than unionized Americans who will receive top pay and virtually never get fired no matter how terrible their work.
I wonder how many Tacoma owners know this, but they've been built there since 2005. Its just that more and more of the Tacos come with the 3 VIN now. But before, it was mostly 5 when I checked. This is funny because the Chevy Blazer got a lot of s**t from people, especially Trump, for being built in Mexico. I know Toyota got that as well, but it wasn't for the Tacoma specifically. I guess when you're an American brand, they expect it to be built in the good ol US of A.

IDK, the workers in Texas aren't unionized, but everyone knows that the UAW is always trying to unionize all the transplant company plants. NUMMI was also unionized before it closed, as were Toyota's plant in Australia and of course, all the companies have shut down there (GM and Ford as well). Toyota's Japanese workers are in a union, but they don't act anything like the way UAW/Unifor members do. But you got to believe, there are Toyota factory workers that want it, but the vote has never been for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts