Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the Xenon fender flares but they say they only fit 95-97 tacoma. Did the Tacoma change after 97? I have a 2000 Tacoma and I am wondering how hard it would be to fit these. They are the biggest flares i see available without screwing up my truck with the cut-out bushwackers. If only the mounting holes are a little different I would definately buy them ,and drill new holes. Does anyone know why these aren't recommended for 98-04 Tacomas? I have seen another 2001 Tacoma on another site with the Xenon Flares installed but the guy wouldn't answer me about what was involved in installing them. Thanks for any help. If anyone knows any other big flares that are compatible, that would also be great, especially if they are cheaper!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a 99 and they fit it perfect.It wasnt listed either.I would like a set for my 2002 dbl cab.They say it wont fit the 5ft short bed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats great news. Did you install them yourself, and did the holes line up and everything? There must be some reason that they are not recommended for the newer years. Anybody have any idea why?

·
Registered
435 Posts
It fit the 99 with no problems.The flairs have indentions as to where you drill the holes in the flairs themselves.It went on without a hitch.My 02 dbl cab shorty looks like it has the same opening as the standard 6 ft bed.I may order a set and just see what the difference is.The 99 and the 02 look like they have the same wheel well openings.Oh well thats kinda down on my to do list right now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very cool! If you don't mind me askin, how much did you pay for them, and where did you buy them from? They certainly aren't cheap are they! Thanks alot for the info. It seems so weird that they would cut out such a big part of their own sales by limiting how many years they fit. Anybody have any idea why?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone else know anything about this? I would like to get atleast a second opinion before droppin nearly 400 bucks on them. (No offence Rugerm44, thanks for ur info) I am sure somebody else must have come across this by now. Any more info please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts