Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
This morning, my 3rd near miss with a couple of deer since the beginning of Sept! At least this time it was when exiting the freeway and I had time to stop completely. One at a time, they ran in front of me and crossed the freeway in between cars. Not sure if I'm lucky to have not hit any this fall, or if I'm unlucky because I've had 3 close calls. :dunno:
Its that time of year.....I had a big ol' Buck charge across the road 4-5 car lengths ahead of me this morning. I was doing 55. I would have been a mess had I left the house only seconds earlier.

·
Premium Member
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
NorCal Tacoma Meet n Greet today (at BAMF in Benicia). Was absolutely pouring at times on the way down. Just average rain in this pic. That's a '12 Pyrite Mica DC LB I'm following.

But after a few light showers that passed through, it cleared up nicely.

This is less than half of the people in this shot.

·
Premium Member
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #190

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

·
Wishin' I was Fishin'
738 Posts
I still gotta go in for the pedal and spiral cable recall.....maybe next month.
I just had both of those done on mine 2weeks ago. I had held out on the pedal chop since I thought it was BS, but the reflash made other noticable improvements for my '06. Mainly, it runs smoother at idle and low RPM, but have heard the automatic guys notice improved shifting as well.

The spiral cable that was replaced under recall was the cure for the airbag light coming on the week before, WIN!

·
Premium Member
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I went ahead and stickied this thread. Hopefully, everyone still sees it.

Anyway, I noticed today that the FSM is gone from TTORA. They have it posted on their website that they got the Take Down notice. That sure took Toyota a lot of years to catch up to them.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I went ahead and stickied this thread. Hopefully, everyone still sees it.

Anyway, I noticed today that the FSM is gone from TTORA. They have it posted on their website that they got the Take Down notice. That sure took Toyota a lot of years to catch up to them.
Wait where did it go? :D

I noticed that the other day too.

·
My Other Truck
3,777 Posts
I looked for it a few days ago, and it was gone. Since I hadn't looked anything up in quite a long time, I figured maybe the take down notice had been out for a while. Sounds like maybe it's a recent development. Too bad... I enjoyed having that as a reference, though I've never actually put it to use. But I sure understand Toyota's viewpoint.

I'm sure I'll never need it, but is the FSM available through Toyota or is everything considered proprietary information?

·
Premium Member
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
You can purchase it from them...for somewhere around $300 last I heard. But some people downloaded from it TTORA instead of using it online. :naughty:

181 - 200 of 752 Posts
About this Discussion
751 Replies
51 Participants
05Moose
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing