Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm going to try and overhaul the front end of my truck later this summer/fall. I hope I get the time to do it. I'm planning on starting with the BHLM and then the grill, lower valance, and fog light holes. Hope to get it looking like Royce's truck in the first pic (he didn't do the fogs) in his build thread below. He used bedliner spray, but I'm nervous about doing something permanent like that. If I chicken out, I'll plasti it first. I think it looks good, but I'm chicken.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136307
what about a vinyl piece from sockmonkey.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
This might fit in the BS thread. I just got a Ford F-250 King Ranch diesel. So here is the BS..... what do I do with the Taco. It is paid for, so I am thinking of turning it into a trailer queen for pure off-roading. Thoughts or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This might fit in the BS thread. I just got a Ford F-250 King Ranch diesel. So here is the BS..... what do I do with the Taco. It is paid for, so I am thinking of turning it into a trailer queen for pure off-roading. Thoughts or suggestions?
I guess it depends on whether you need the money. If not, keep it.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just spent 5 hours moving a bathroom fan switch. Attic was 109 degrees according to my watch. I think it was hotter as sweat was dripping off my face at the rate of 1 per second.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just spent 5 hours moving a bathroom fan switch. Attic was 109 degrees according to my watch. I think it was hotter as sweat was dripping off my face at the rate of 1 per second.
I'm thinking a minimum of 120 degrees and probably closer to 130 - I poked my upper body into our attic during/after new AC/furnace install as new return duct lines were needed. This was mid afternoon and I had the same situation. My feet were sweating and they were still in the living area.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hell yes...I did mine yesterday. Just avoid the alternator.
Did you dilute and hot/cold engine?

I'm reading a lot of contradictory info. People argueing that using Simple Green is bad, cold and hot engine, ect.

I've got tons of sandy/muddy water sprayed all over my engine. I don't need it showroom shape, but I want to make it look a little nicer.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I'm thinking a minimum of 120 degrees and probably closer to 130 - I poked my upper body into our attic during/after new AC/furnace install as new return duct lines were needed. This was mid afternoon and I had the same situation. My feet were sweating and they were still in the living area.
I told her it was probably in the 130s. My watch may not have adjusted quick enough, or I didn't leave it up there long enough. When I handed down the tools, she realized that they were very hot to the touch. But at least that's one more task done before I remodel our bathroom.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Did you dilute and hot/cold engine?

I'm reading a lot of contradictory info. People argueing that using Simple Green is bad, cold and hot engine, ect.

I've got tons of sandy/muddy water sprayed all over my engine. I don't need it showroom shape, but I want to make it look a little nicer.
I diluted the simple green in a spray bottle. Then sprayed it off....started the engine that was cold and went for a drive. Got back and wiped up excess with simple green and towels.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Did you guys see the news on the disappearing TRD Sport for 2013?

For the 2013 model year the Toyota Tacoma’s TRD Sport package has been discontinued but gets a touchscreen audio system.

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/07/toyota-announces-pricing-for-seven-2013-models.html

Wow, isn't that exciting? A touchscreen instead of all the sport options! (sarcasm duly noted) And no more TRD then for the DC Long Bed? This out to be interesting...

EDIT: Discovered that all the news magazines/articles were wrong. According to the Official Toyota Press Release, it's only the Sport Upgrade package being discontinued, not the Sport package. Journalism as its best!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Simple Green is slightly corrosive, so make sure you get it all off. There is a version called Simple Green Automotive that is a LOT stronger on automotive cleanups (though still corrosive). I also use it around the house. Good stuff.

·
Wishin' I was Fishin'
738 Posts
I got my rear 3 windows tinted with 5% on the taco yesterday, looks great, keeps much cooler with the A/C. Washed it on Sunday, and changing the oil tonight. This after I finally got my front TRD billies installed last week. I hope it doesn't get spoiled.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Sitting here at the Calif State Fair watching tons of people getting in and out of a red Baja Edition XC Tacoma. I think I'll go sit in it just to see how the seats compare to my SR5.

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I liked it. My only complaint is the headrest ('07+ headrests) leaning forward. Had to recline the seat more to have room for my head. It had all the goodies in the mirror (homelink, backup camera, etc), strong tie-downs in the front of the bed, and a 3-leaf pack in back (they finally got their act together). I'm one of the few that actually like the graphics. I like the new layout around the radio and such along with the color scheme. Seats were very comfortable. I question the ability of the fabric to withstand stains though. Very 3-dimensional fabric which has to be hard to get things out of it, but it felt okay in shorts (soft like my seats). I'm sure they'll be able to get my drool out of the seats.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm this might cure my irresponsible ice fishing driving :)

I live where lakes get a teensy frozen and slightly deep with that lovely fluffy stuff and sometimes just sometimes (okay lots) I get a little stuck or as we say lets fish here hahaahaha!

Not really interested in sled's atm, this would suit me mucho better, now only if production will bring numbers down to $2000 or less :lol:

21 - 40 of 752 Posts