Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 752 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
I live where lakes get a teensy frozen and slightly deep with that lovely fluffy stuff and sometimes just sometimes (okay lots) I get a little stuck or as we say lets fish here hahaahaha!

Not really interested in sled's atm, this would suit me mucho better, now only if production will bring numbers down to $2000 or less :lol:
I've always found those things to be idiotic.
For the price they want for those, you can buy yourself an argo... which would be one hell of a lot safer on ice (since they float...)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think I need to add a little more air to my front tires. Gas station had the powder down again this morning...free chalk test!:rockon:

Rear

Front

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
RAV4 and a Lexus model being recalled for rear suspension bolts that may not have been tightened properly after alignments. Let me guess, the FSM has the wrong torque value just like the ubolts on the rear of the Taco in the FSM.

·
Wishin' I was Fishin'
738 Posts
I've been getting good use from my tacoma this week, I hauled this rainbow home monday.

And this one last night.

The first one was 53cm (21"), the second 50cm (20").

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
Since this is the BS thread, a few things.
First of all, I need to update my title, since my Kings are STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!

I had the Coil Overs rebuilt last month, as they were leaking oil like crazy. While I had the C/O's out, I also pulled the TC UCA's and re greased them, as well as re-tapped the zirk (sp) fittings as they stripped out.
After putting the front end back together, the truck was silent for about a day. Now the squeaking is back. I haven't been on in awhile, so not sure if others are experiencing the same problem. Me things yes, as my bro-in-law as the same setup on his '07 and it's just as noisy.

Truck will be 6 years old in Sept, with 52,500 on the odometer. That 12 mile round trip commute is killing me!
The crazy thing is, I am getting better gas mileage now, then I ever have. Not sure if that has to do with cleaning the TRD CAI filter or not, but when I installed it 5 years ago, I didn't get this good a mileage. Me thinks its the 50,000 mile break in period.

That's all for now. Happy Wheelin!

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hey zmtnbik, those UCAs are known to squeak. When I was at last August's mod day replacing my front diff bearing, one of the guys (actually he used to come on here too) had to take everything apart to clean them because the squeaking was driving him nuts. Everyone was talking about that as a common problem.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I massacred a bunch of monstrous mosquito's on Saturday after spending some time cat fishing. The truck was covered in them when my wife and I got back in it to leave. I hit the windshield wipers and smeared so many across the windshield I am having a hard time seeing out of it still today! I really should clean that on my way home from work today!

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Bear got into ours and the neighbor's garbage on trash night, then it comes back again the next night and gets into it again. Put some ammonia in it to discourage it and set up the trail cam figuring he's going to come by the 3rd night. Nope, nada! Guess I have to wait until trash night again...

·
My Other Truck
3,787 Posts
Hey Moose -- I have heard that a full aerosol can of Raid (or other pesticide) smeared with bacon grease or peanut butter is a good bear deterrent. One good chomp punctures the can and they get an unpleasant surprise. Haven't tried it myself so :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hey Moose -- I have heard that a full aerosol can of Raid (or other pesticide) smeared with bacon grease or peanut butter is a good bear deterrent. One good chomp punctures the can and they get an unpleasant surprise. Haven't tried it myself so :dunno:
Wife overheard a park ranger up at Tahoe couple of years ago talking to a "flat-lander" (as we call them) who was planning on going hiking and was concerned about keeping away from bears. He was telling the guy to smear bacon grease on his hiking buddy and that would keep the bears away from him. The guy didn't realize he was kidding:facepalm:, and another ranger had to set the record straight.

Anyway, ammonia works (in-laws lived in Tahoe for 35 years before retiring and moving to a different climate).

·
My Other Truck
3,787 Posts
We call em flatlanders too (or FTs -- PM me if you need an explanation) :lol:.

Love the idea of smearing bacon grease on your buddy to keep bears away from you! :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We call em flatlanders too (or FTs -- PM me if you need an explanation) :lol:.

Love the idea of smearing bacon grease on your buddy to keep bears away from you! :rofl2:
I think I get the FT (...Tourists). You can PM me if I'm wrong. Since we're on the bear subject:

In Alaska's National Forests, a tourists guide was giving a talk to a group of tourists about hiking in grizzly bear territory: "Most bear encounters occur when hikers, being extra quiet along the trails in hopes of viewing wildlife, accidentally stumble into bears. The resulting suprise can be catastrophic." To avoid this, he suggested that each hiker wear tiny bells on their clothing to warn the bears of their presence. "Also," he said further, "be especially cautious when you see signs of bears in the area, especially when you see bear droppings."

One tourist asked, "How do you identify bear droppings?"

"Oh that's easy," the guide explained, "its the ones with all the tiny bells in them!"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lookin for a new (used) 250f. What do you guys like. Crf, yz, rm, kx, ktm. Also any of u guys got pics of a 250 in the back of a double cab short bed?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think I get the FT (...Tourists). You can PM me if I'm wrong. Since we're on the bear subject:

In Alaska's National Forests, a tourists guide was giving a talk to a group of tourists about hiking in grizzly bear territory: "Most bear encounters occur when hikers, being extra quiet along the trails in hopes of viewing wildlife, accidentally stumble into bears. The resulting suprise can be catastrophic." To avoid this, he suggested that each hiker wear tiny bells on their clothing to warn the bears of their presence. "Also," he said further, "be especially cautious when you see signs of bears in the area, especially when you see bear droppings."

One tourist asked, "How do you identify bear droppings?"

"Oh that's easy," the guide explained, "its the ones with all the tiny bells in them!"
We like it when the tourists keep the bears full. :lol:

We fondly refer to the bear bells as "dinner bells"

41 - 60 of 752 Posts