Toyota Nation Forum banner

701 - 720 of 752 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Dang, I am slacking. 11.5 yrs, and only 185k+. Of course, its not my daily driver anymore, so that accounts for a bit.

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
Yeah, I'd love to have a DD with better MPGs and keep the miles from racking up on the taco. But I'd miss driving it, as I really like driving the Moose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,
Thought I'd jump in here and see what's up?
I also have a Gen2, (14) just picked it up. TRD sport.
Looking for a drivers seat? the owner b4 had a big.... but anyway. :grin:

It's a good truck. I had a Gen 2 (07) in 2010 and sold it from a divorce.
Time to come back to the truck I've always loved.

Thought I'd say HI, looking forward to meeting more of you.
-Chuck

·
13,393 Posts
Hi guys,
Thought I'd jump in here and see what's up?
I also have a Gen2, (14) just picked it up. TRD sport.
Looking for a drivers seat? the owner b4 had a big.... but anyway. :grin:

It's a good truck. I had a Gen 2 (07) in 2010 and sold it from a divorce.
Time to come back to the truck I've always loved.

Thought I'd say HI, looking forward to meeting more of you.
-Chuck
Give www.car-part.com a visit and see what might be available near you. You might even be able to upgrade yer seats in the process. ;)

·
My Other Truck
3,778 Posts
Replaced the brake pads in the Tacoma this morning at 85,565 miles. I knew they were getting thin but figured to get a little more out of them... but I already had new ones here and, well, I got bored. Turns out it was time, the wear indicators were extremely close to contacting the rotors. Without a doubt those are the easiest pads I have ever replaced, by a long shot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Deer Hunting or Snake Hunting

Forgive me, Father. I have sinned. This has nothing to do with Toyota trucks, but I thought my Tacoma buddies would like this story. Yell at me, it's still funny. So I'm at the ammo counter in Walmart today. This young guy walks in with two gorgeous girls about 20, both with some of the finest shock absorbers you've ever seen and they weren't Bilsteins, either. So being the gentleman lecher that I am, I scope out these honeys, and I discover they are twins. One of the girls says, "Can I buy a hunting license here?". I mean, I gotta give this kid credit. Telling his mother he's going deer hunting and taking these two lodge bunnies with him. I'm sure he'll be up at 5 am sharp for first light. Didn't know whether to give him a high five for pulling off what I never did (twins) or ask him why he was being so greedy. Wish I was 20 again, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Around here we used to call it "snipe" hunting.

Problem with being 20 again is women like you describe are often so narcissistic that their personalities stink and they likely would not give you the right time of day..........unless you were rich.

Great story though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't wear a watch. I always have my cell phone will me so I just look at it. I am still sporting a Blackberry 8120....no smart phone for me...yet!

I would love to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S3!
I'd love to get my hands on a new Blackberry. I &%^effing^%^ hate my iPhone. Feel like such a jerkweed millennial when I putll it out. But it was the smallest pocket sized phone in the store.

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
Changed rear diff and TC oils today. Had the common problem of the hex slipping inside the drain for the front diff. Might be time to find a welder to weld something into the hex plug. Can it be welded in place, or will I need to get it out first?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Changed rear diff and TC oils today. Had the common problem of the hex slipping inside the drain for the front diff. Might be time to find a welder to weld something into the hex plug. Can it be welded in place, or will I need to get it out first?
Since the drain plug uses a copper sealing ring trying to weld a hex key in situ might be interesting. Obviously not a welder here........

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Me neither. If I had more room, I might be able to break it free hammering on it while turning. Or maybe put my impact screw driver with the hex socket in it to see if it will jar it loose.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Hammering or using an impact driver could be a great way to damage the oil pan. Welding I have no idea.

If the hex is sloppy, you can often jam feeler gauges or tiny allen wrenches into the gap and make them work.

Then replace the plug

·
Registered
334 Posts
I feel for you. This is going to happen to me soon. I just took out my drain plug this week and it required at 20 inch breaker bar in 1/2" drive. It was a mother, but it came out. Fortunately for me, next one is at 300,000 miles, so how long is this truck going to last? Give you a tip: get a SNAP ON short - operative word: short - hex bit socket. If you get the long hex bit, you're likely to pull it out while your torquing it and really round off the female hex fitting.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I have the stuck drain plug issue too. I haven't gotten mine out. Going on 65k miles without changing the front diff fluid. I was just going to order a new plug and then try to hit the old one with my impact. If I can't get it out that way, then it will go to the dealership I guess. I wonder how much they would charge to just break it loose...

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
I now have never-ending gas in the tank. It’s a miracle! No matter how many miles I travel, it never drops below a third between the 1/4 and 1/2 marks. :ugh3:

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
Looking forward to winter. The hot, smokey summers in Calif get old.

Splicer, staying out of the smoke? Two years in a row that you’ve had a fire east of you.

Changed the oil today. 217,170 miles.

·
My Other Truck
3,778 Posts
Looking forward to winter. The hot, smokey summers in Calif get old.
Understatement of the year, and something I find myself saying more often all the time!

Splicer, staying out of the smoke? Two years in a row that you’ve had a fire east of you.
We've been lucky so far, it's smoky as far as you can see in all directions but I've seen much worse. There's been several impressive pyrocumulus clouds to the east of us over the past few days. We're safe so far but it's been creeping closer. No evacuations here yet but the Tacoma is packed just in case. :ugh3:

·
T100 a trucks truck:0)
99 Posts
Splicer, 05Moose Down here at the bottom of the state we have had a few wild fires and so am wishing you guys "Good Luck". 'Til they get those suckers out.

Oh and if you see any extra rain up there send it on down; that way you'll have plenty of room for the snow. :wink:

701 - 720 of 752 Posts
About this Discussion
751 Replies
51 Participants
05Moose
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing