Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Your green wire should be the hot coming in from the fuse. Comes in on terminal 2 of switch,

The light blue wire is the switched wire, terminal 1, and goes to both the brake lights and the shift lock.

How many wires do you see on the switch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
there is no wires on the switch it has 4 contacts as i have stated im disabled and had someone remove the switch the switch has a spring loaded pin that moves up and down

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
I will have to crawl into the truck tomorrow and look at my switch. Drawings only show 2 pins with numbers.

Crud, shoulda looked harder online, found it.

Pins are numbered, when looking into the butt end of the switch, with the little locking tab up, as oriented per the switch in the link below

2 1 (bigger holes around pins)

4 3 (smaller holes around pins)

Says Switch out (free)

1-2 light (<1ohm)
3-4 open (>10k ohms)

Switch pushed in
1-2 open (>10k ohms)
3-4 light (<1ohm)

Crud, the thing Bam Zip Pow suggested
won't do that test, will need a battery to make it work. I supposed under the truck's hood using the main battery should work. May need a jumper from negative side of the battery to the switch.

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/stoplight-switch/duralast-stoplight-switch-ja475/124121_0_0_5520

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thx for trying i got the switch out just going to replace it as the test i was able to preform said it was bad switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 2005 tacoma that has no brake light s ive changed the bulbs and fuse still no brake light dont know if this is related but its hard to shift from park and the ac not cold
Ok, update - replaced fuse for brake lights so those are working. Still no running lights. Replaced fuse for running lights but keeps blowing fuse and left turn signal not working. Bulbs are good. Any new ideas?? Help. Thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts