Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Tacoma v6 4x4, when I start up the truck it make a loud squeal and the RMP's is about 2x higher than when just idle. This noise increases and decreases as I turn the steering wheel and after a few minutes of driving the squeal stops and the idle speed goes to normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bet is the idle is normal on a cold start. The loud squeal is a loose or glazed fan belt. Inspect and tighten the belts. Replace if worn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, I guess I should be more wordy. The idle on a cold starts is very high and then drops when it warms up. I checked the belts and they looked and felt fine, relatively new with the timing belt change 2000 miles ago and I also topped off the power steering fluid.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
your pully's might be going out or the bearings in the pullys. the high idle i believe is a common thing. my toyota does that as well, then drops down to normal once the engine warms up.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
well, the pulley might look ok, but the bearing in the pulley might be going out. how many miles you have on your truck? i could be the altenator bearing too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts