Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking forward to driving someone else's TRD Tacoma on an Off Road course at tomorrow's St. Louis Auto Show. Toyota is going to be there with a handful of Tacomas and Tundras and a parking lot that they converted into an off road course. It is not like I will be able to go free-style or anything, but at least I will get to do some obstacles.

http://www.toyotaoffroadonsite.com/

Has anyone else been to one of these events?

The course looks pretty sweet, but I am sure that they limit what you can do (obviously)! Oh well, it should be fun!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey what's up, I didn't even know the car show was this weekend.

I might try to make it.

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, I am going to be there this weekend to, will see what the wait is to drive the Tacoma on the course. I will act like I don't have one yet and want to buy one.

Or if they have the FJ I might give that one a try. Other than that the STL auto show pretty much sucks, they never have any of the new cool stuff there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right, the STL Auto Show is never anything super-special, but it is good to go walk around and check stuff out. I heard that toyota is giving away some Toyota Trucks hats and t-shirts...so I will try and snag some of that stuff. Might as well!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I like to walk around and check out all the cool cars/trucks. I just wish they would bring the 07 Tundra, and the proto-types of the Camaro and Challenger to STL. But I will still go and check it out like I do every year, and see if I can drive a Tacoma on the course just for kicks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be sweet if they had the new Challenger concept there. That cars looks awesome, I wish it weren't a Dodge!

Check this out...that would be a wicked police cruiser!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, my girl friends whole family practically works at Chrysler. Her uncle just got the SRT-8 Charger with the 6.1 Liter Hemi. I think the Charger sucks personally (don't like the style at all), but his I have to say looks pretty damn sweet with the big 20's, Brembo Breaks, and Hood Scoop with the 6.1 Hemi under the Hood pushing 425HP. Plus all the other goodies he got with it loaded.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Did anyone give the course a try? I seen it on my way in but figured I would check it out on the way out....but I forgot to get my hand stamped on the way out so I did not get to check it out.

Did not look all that impressive from what I could see.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
Yeah

Holy smokes they're comin to georgia i cant wait, are any special requirements to participate in this off-road couse?:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think you just have to have a valid drivers license, not sure if you have to be 18 or 21. I am sure there site says, at the one in St. Louis they had a few D-Cab OR Tacomas, and a few tundras.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts