Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Corvette
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a Noob. I am in the market for a 2006 or 2007 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4. How can I ID the rear end to see if it's a limited slip? Is there a tag on the differential, or a label on the door jam? Thanks in advance, Kevin

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
Trd offroad has locker
Trd sport has LSD
some Sr5s have LSD as well

Easiest way would be to check the window sticker if you are looking at new trucks.

Welcome to TN.

·
Registered
2005 Corvette
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have access to a large auction here in Central Florida, and I want to be able to look at a tag or label to positively ID it ahead of time. On a Ford Expedition I owned there was a letter designation on the door jam label that id'd the rear end. Thanks, Kevin

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
you could just look in the window and see the LSD button? will they let you look in the drivers side window or can you just look under the truck?

·
Registered
111 Posts
there isnt a LSD button, there is a differential lock button, its usually to the left of the steering wheel near the fog light switch. and you can see parts of the diff lock actuator on the differential housing.

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
eyedoc said:
you could just look in the window and see the LSD button? will they let you look in the drivers side window or can you just look under the truck?
There is no LSD Button UNLESS You have the VSC/Trac Auto LSD which uses the Traction Control System and the brakes to act as a kind of LSD by applying the brakes to a spinning wheel. However in the TRD Sport and MOST of the SR5's they have a Mechanical Clutch Type LSD that is on all the time and cannot be turned off. The only way to tell if you have a mechanical LSD is to read the equipment sticker on the window or to get under the truck and read the tab on the diff case that says LSD Oil Only like green91 said.

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
LSD or one wheel peal

Go out on the road rev up the engine and drop the cluch or power brake it if its a auto if you see two tire marks its a posi one tire mark it a open rearend that the fun way!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts