Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
mdspanky1
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little research and saw that those who have the tacoma/ trd seat covers like them but say they get a little to hot durring the summer and cold during the winter. Those with the wet okoleys just love them except for a pain in the ass to install (in some cases). I guess I just want to know are the tacoma/trd covers really that annoying to justify almost double the cost or is it barible. Im just wanting to do the fronts and dont want to buy the tacoma/trd covers and regret it and wish i saved for awhile longer for the wet okoleyes. thanks

·
dont think just do it
211 Posts
Get the Wet Okoley's, I got a set of the trd ones from Toyota first and put them on my truck sat in it for about 5 minutes and took them right back off and returned them. Ordered some Wet Okoleys and haven't looked back, the fit on them is amazing very form fitting and look great. They are very comfy and you can spill whatever you want on them and just wash them when they get to dirty. Plus I drive a good amount without a shirt on and the stock fabric and the trd rubber stuff isn't comfy but the Wet Okoleys sure are. I would just spend the money and do it right the first time.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I really liked my TRD covers. they fit great and showed no wear after 2 years. :whatthe:

·
Still A New TN User
14 Tacoma (TRD)
65 Posts
Are you saving them for a special occasion? Or are you like me and have them sitting on the garage sale pile.

(Sorry they are already spoken for)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had the TRD seatcovers for about a year.For looks & protection,they are great.For comfort,I found on trips longer than 30 min. they seemed to make the seat feel like sitting on a rock.If comfort is not an issue these are worth it.I sold mine,I have leather & the seats are way more comfortable without the TRD covers.I currently just use some matching suede like seat pads I found at a local autoparts store.I just haven't convinced myself yet that the WO's are worth $500+ and probably never will.

·
Go Bucks
06 trd or dc 4x4
108 Posts
Wet okles are the best. If you have the best truck. Spend the coin. Mine have been through hell and look new.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Wet okles are the best. If you have the best truck. Spend the coin. Mine have been through hell and look new.
Posts like this cost me $500 :lol:

·
Go Bucks
06 trd or dc 4x4
108 Posts
Posts like this cost me $500 :lol:
Thats why you are hear is to find the best. If not buy a nissan and and save 5 g:worship:

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Never. It was between a new frontier or my used tacoma and I chose the tacoma. I would never go back on my decision.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got my WO. I am not overly impressed. Maybe in time I will be. I started to install the front covers with the seats still in the truck. I soon realized that the best way was to remove the seats. No big deal, 4 bolts, a couple connectors and they come right out. The covers went on great once the seats were removed. I set the seats on cardboard. The back ones were no big deal. The stitching seems a little week. I ripped the seam about an inch putting one on. I will say this, there are comfortable and like I said, time will tell as to whether or not they were worth the cost.

·
Registered
729 Posts
^^ Were you really tugging & pulling on them when they ripped or did the seam rip easily?I would be extremely pissed after paying that for a set & they ripped.Are you going to see if they will replace the ripped cover?I am curious to see what WO's reply would be & if they will replace it.Keep us posted.Post pics.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I just got my WO. I am not overly impressed. Maybe in time I will be. I started to install the front covers with the seats still in the truck. I soon realized that the best way was to remove the seats. No big deal, 4 bolts, a couple connectors and they come right out. The covers went on great once the seats were removed. I set the seats on cardboard. The back ones were no big deal. The stitching seems a little week. I ripped the seam about an inch putting one on. I will say this, there are comfortable and like I said, time will tell as to whether or not they were worth the cost.

They have great customer service. Call them and let them know that a seam busted on install. I have had mine for almost 2 yrs...no problems yet! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts