Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tacoma Than Tundra?

1153 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  EchoHoLiK
I am in the process at looking at another truck. I currently own a Nissan Pick-up but I am looking for something newer. I came across the Tundra and the Tacoma and I heard from Toyota news that Toyota trucks are pretty good and reliable.Also they have new model this 2008, im in a little bit of Tacoma. I know the Tundra is the bigger of the two but which one would recommend for my family?Im also looking for the best performance and less gas usage?

Anyways, positive answers would be appreciated. Thanks.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Depends on what you do. If you're gonna be hauling a lot of stuff like wood or large trailers (5,000lbs+) on a highly regular basis then get the Tundra. If you are just getting a pickup for light duty stuff like beach cruising or yard work then get a Double Cab Tacoma. The Double Cab has plenty of space for an average sized family and a 6500lb towing capacity (with the tow package) if you need it.
Less gas usage, you already know the answer to that question I bet.
Every time I see a Tundra on the road I think, "I am getting twice the gas mileage that guy is and at $3-4 a gallon nowadays, that is significant". Not to mention I can get the Tacoma in my garage, no way the Tundra would fit. Just some thoughts to ponder on. I could have gotten the Tundra equipped like I had wanted my Tacoma in about a week's time for thousands less. Nope, I waited two solid months and paid a little more for the Tacoma. Still don't regret it either!:)
Tundras are GINORMOUS
Every time I see a Tundra on the road I think, "I am getting twice the gas mileage that guy is and at $3-4 a gallon nowadays, that is significant". Not to mention I can get the Tacoma in my garage, no way the Tundra would fit. Just some thoughts to ponder on. I could have gotten the Tundra equipped like I had wanted my Tacoma in about a week's time for thousands less. Nope, I waited two solid months and paid a little more for the Tacoma. Still don't regret it either!:)
Your not getting twice the gas mileage even if you have the 4 cylinder, and if you do your not even in the same game.
Every time I see a Tundra on the road I think, "I am getting twice the gas mileage that guy is
That's very unlikely. And a bad comparison anyway. A Prius will get 3x the gas mileage of a Tacoma, no? One could argue that at $3-$4 per gallon, that's significant.
Drifter, without some more information about your needs / wants nobody can really give you any meaningful advise other than the obvious like "the Tundra is bigger" and "the Tacoma has a better gas mileage". IMO, both are good trucks, but they are made for different purposes.
Get both, that's the only way to not :deadhorse
Im gonna kill myself if i get that both:eek:
I priced my new tundra today,52,000. Im going to wait and see if they are comming out with a diesel. If not for a while im ordering it after my challenger comes in. Fully loaded limited with almost every avalible accessory. Crew max, white, with the dark brown leather interior with all the dvd's navi, exhaust.......
Im gonna kill myself if i get that both:eek:
You WILL die happy :D

Back on topic, let us know what are your primary and secondary needs in a truck. Examples are: Is this gonna be your one and only vehicle? Do you/are you gonna haul your family in it? Do you need to tow? How heavy do you need to tow? Are you off-roading/wheeling with this truck? How often do you wheel off-road? Do you like drag-racing against rice-rockets who think they're the shit?

Quite a lot of things to think about before arriving at a decision :cool:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.