Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard today that the Tacoma TRD Pros will start being built in July and delivered in August or September.

From what it sounds like some of the options that go on other Tacomas or are offered by TRD will not be included in the TRD Pro option list.

If you would like to see any of the following options or all of the option be avaliable on the new Tacoma, please email or call Toyota customer service and voice your opinion.

It is nice to see they included the scoop and painted bumper from the Sport, but I would also like to see the following added to the list.

1. Entune premium JBL with Nav and subwoofer

2. Graphite Softech Leather with heated seats

3. Supercharger

4. Big Brake kit

5. Painted sport mirrors

Please email or call Toyota customer service and voice your opinion on what options you would like to see. Maybe we can sway them to add some of these items on to the truck before production starts.

Let Toyota know you are ok seeing a Tacoma go over the $40,000 price mark. I beleive this is the only reason they will not add these items on, because they are afraid people will not by the top of the line Tacoma for $40,000-45,000. They need to realize even at this price, the truck is still $10,000 cheaper than a Ford Raptor. Yes I know it is not a Raptor and if I wanted a Raptor I would buy one.

I also know there will be a lot of people saying you can add better shocks and a better stereo aftermarket. Yes I agree, but I dont want a 20 year old kid tearing my new truck apart and I dont want to spend the time to do it myself. I want to by a turn key, just like a Ford Raptor and drive it. That is what the Toyota experience should be.

Phone:
800-331-4331 Fax:
310-468-7814

M-F 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT
Sat 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

Email:

http://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Love my 2006 double cab and will not spend a penny on newer tacoma until this one died...maybe another 15 yrs

Am personally holding out for 12 more years. Figure ~20 years or ~300k miles. May become a 2nd car by then, but will take a lot to get me to trade it in.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,601 Posts
Sqa4life... agreed. I would not suggest buying another new Toyota V6 until they figure out what the heck is going on with these V6 motors. My 2006 had 175K on it when I traded it and it ran like a new one. I never had a lick of trouble with its motor, my 2013 is being lemoned as we speak, I'm waiting for a replacement 2014. I sure hope that I don't have to go through this again with the 2014. I'd be leery at buying a $40K truck, heck I'm worried about my $32K truck! $40K+ for a new grille and some graphics, not for me.

I watched a show this weekend and the guy had the TRD supercharger and a Bullydog tuner, he was still under 300 hp. Heck, back in the 70's, Datsun could get 300+ horsepower with fuel injection and no supercharger an a 280Z. Not that I would but a Datsun (Nissan) or it would even last if you beefed it up, just doesn't sound like much bang for the $1100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Sienna LE
965 Posts
So much for the 2015 being an all-new truck. No redesign gives Chevy and the Colorado a leg up. Unless they repeat the problems of the last ten years, with ignition locks, power steering, etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just for FYI, and they could sell for less in other areas, but at my local dealership a 2014 TX Pro with just the lift, Wheels and exhaust MSRP for $40k
Give me all that and supercharger for 36K...heck yeah!

ETA- few years back, Tacoma X-Cabs with supercharger was kicking serious azz, in the local mud drags for stock vehicle class.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Saw a black 2014 Baja at a stealership in Albuq. a couple weeks ago. It had a sticker of $41k. Yea right. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

On another note it is partially the relatively unchanging model that keeps demand and resale so high. The 107 chassis Mercedes roadster went from 1971 to, what, 1990. It was always in demand. Also look how long the VW Beetle was produced. Heck, it still may be made in Brazil.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts