Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I might find a video of a stock 05+ Tacoma vs a 05+ Tacoma with the supercharger.

I would really like to see a side by side drag and numbers that the supercharger is putting down compared to stock. I know there has been some posts of dyno #s but i'd just like to seea side by side comparison, especially a video.

Trying to decide if I really want to spend that much $$.

Thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've seen 1/4 mile numbers in the 13.6 area (I remember since it's a little faster than my car) That murders our stock truck.

For some real simple math lets say you're doing around 100mph at the 1/4 mile mark = 150ft/sec. So if you figure for every 1s faster you're about 7.5 tacoma lengths ahead.

I think a stock Tacoma does it in about 16.5 which is about 3s faster give or take. That's about 22-23 Tacoma lengths as a super rough estimate.

Now close your eyes and picture that :)

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen 1/4 mile numbers in the 13.6 area (I remember since it's a little faster than my car) That murders our stock truck.

For some real simple math lets say you're doing around 100mph at the 1/4 mile mark = 150ft/sec. So if you figure for every 1s faster you're about 7.5 tacoma lengths ahead.

I think a stock Tacoma does it in about 16.5 which is about 3s faster give or take. That's about 22-23 Tacoma lengths as a super rough estimate.

Now close your eyes and picture that :)

I keep trying but the supercharged tacoma always runs into a brick wall......well is more of a wall made out of approximately $6000, and then the stock ones wins.........:headbang:

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
If you have the money spend it, it will be faster. If its not fast enough get a smaller pulley and spend a few more bucks and make it faster.

·
MotoXr
X-Runner
40 Posts
When I was stock, I ran a 15.0. Now that I am supercharged, 14.0 and maybe even a 13.xx. Need more practice. Worth the money spent.

·
Registered
dub cab
214 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts