Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when all the school bound Tacoma owners head back for winter quarter. When do you go back? What time of the day? Are you going to park far away to keep the Tacoma safe? Or are you going to park up close and let the chicks check out your truck?:naughty:

I go back tomorrow morning, I guess they felt one day was all we needed to recover :ugh3:. I have classes at opposite ends of the campus, but now I have a good excuse to park in the nice parking lot. I'm going to keep the truck in the back for the first week or so. At least until I see how crowded the parking lot gets.
 

·
What is this!?
06 Double Cab Tacoma
Joined
·
821 Posts
I'm going back on friday and i'm going to park at the highest level because theres no parking oh and the elevator doesn't work :sosad: I don't mind since all the other cars have side swipe marks :clap: yes UCI has the worst parkers ever!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I go back on the 8th. I'll be parking wherever I can find space =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
BlkDCabTaco said:
I'm going back on friday and i'm going to park at the highest level because theres no parking oh and the elevator doesn't work :sosad: I don't mind since all the other cars have side swipe marks :clap: yes UCI has the worst parkers ever!
at least you have parking structures now...when i was going there the only structure we had was over at the bren event center...i graduated in 94 hehe dam i'm old
 

·
Tis da Black Pearl...Taco
Joined
·
370 Posts
I go back on Friday the 12th and Monday the 15th is another holiday. :disappoin Yep, I go to a college run by idiots. I can't wait to move on to a University.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I start next Monday, the first few weeks are busy until people start dropping. I park anywhere there is a spot. I was parking with my friends DC TRD Sport last semester.
 

·
Precision driver
Joined
·
2,105 Posts
I just graduated in December so I'm not going back. But when I went back and had class, I always parked on the 7th floor of the parking garage so noone would mess up my shit. It's sit there for 10 hours before I'd go home at night and never once had a door ding.
 

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
i go back on the 8th, i always park next to a pillar or wall in a parking garage, limits the ding potential to only one side. Never had any trouble with people denting my truck for my talon when i drove it sooo, i'm not too worried. Generally if i keep the truck looking new and clean people will at least make an attempt not to hit it. My sisters 2004 sentra looks like shit now cause she never washes it and people just ding the shit outta it cause they assume she doesn't care.
 

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
Classes don't start for me till the 24th but I'm moving into my new house on the 10th. I get to park in the commuter lot at school now :) Luckly it's no too crowded and I can park way in the back corner by the storage trailers...no one goes back there anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
i'm going back to my dorm on saturday i think. i live on campus, so i stay parked there most of the week (except when i go to practice or somewhere). i usually park on the 3rd level, in the same spot everytime if i can
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
BlkDCabTaco said:
I'm going back on friday and i'm going to park at the highest level because theres no parking oh and the elevator doesn't work :sosad: I don't mind since all the other cars have side swipe marks :clap: yes UCI has the worst parkers ever!
foofighter said:
at least you have parking structures now...when i was going there the only structure we had was over at the bren event center...i graduated in 94 hehe dam i'm old
Gentlemen, say what you will. When I went to UCI (class of 89), we all drove beaters, and saved our money so we could live on the beach in Newport. I can remember commuting to school on an old motorcycle. It was sweet, not having to sweat the parking situation.

Times have definately changed. I went to the Student Center during last quarter to buy some old yearbooks from my era and I was blown away by the expensive metal in the parking lot. Either people are living at home and spending all their $$ on a car or their parents are quite a bit looser with their money. I graduated with no debt, didn't have to work for more than spending money, and never drove a nice car.

Priorities, and Go Anteaters!
 

·
What is this!?
06 Double Cab Tacoma
Joined
·
821 Posts
foofighter said:
at least you have parking structures now...when i was going there the only structure we had was over at the bren event center...i graduated in 94 hehe dam i'm old
Calculus said:
Gentlemen, say what you will. When I went to UCI (class of 89), we all drove beaters, and saved our money so we could live on the beach in Newport. I can remember commuting to school on an old motorcycle. It was sweet, not having to sweat the parking situation.

Times have definately changed. I went to the Student Center during last quarter to buy some old yearbooks from my era and I was blown away by the expensive metal in the parking lot. Either people are living at home and spending all their $$ on a car or their parents are quite a bit looser with their money. I graduated with no debt, didn't have to work for more than spending money, and never drove a nice car.

Priorities, and Go Anteaters!
UCI has a bunch of rich kids... Theres so many nice cars in the parking structures and lots but no one seems to know how to park correctly. I know a lot of people who have nice cars that live about 15 miles away and they dorm :confused: . I on the other hand do not have the extra 10k to dorm plus theres no point in having a nice truck if its just going to be parked in your driveway :) Newport and you're not rich LIE!

Oh btw you and foofighter are old farts! :lol: Just messing with you guys!

LETSROLL said:
I know many of people who go there and I can tell you first hand that they are bad drivers and parking is a circus!
I almost get hit everyday cause of students who go 20 mph+ on a corner of the parking structure and don't see me becuase they're a big F-150/Hummer/SUV/etc. blocking their view, people who reverse without looking for other cars around them, and just dumb drivers who just do stupid things like try and make a turn infront of you when you're about 5 feet away and then give you a WTF look :confused:
 

·
Registered
05 TRD Tacoma
Joined
·
85 Posts
I drive to a close by neighborhood and ride my bike about 1/2 mile to campus. I don't trust college girls with their giant Firebird doors. Oh yeah, and I don't want to pay $140 for a parking sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I moved back to Purdue yesterday. I park at my apt. and walk about 15 mins. to class. There is no parking on campus, plus I don't want to pay for a parking sticker.
 

·
Precision driver
Joined
·
2,105 Posts
boiler_taco said:
I moved back to Purdue yesterday. I park at my apt. and walk about 15 mins. to class. There is no parking on campus, plus I don't want to pay for a parking sticker.
Wish I would have known you were over there, I would have given you my Northwestern garage pass. What year are you?

BTFU :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I am pretty much a junior. Still have a few Soph. classes to finish up.

BTFU for life!!
 

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
God I hate you guys :disappoin. I already have a frickin math test, and 2 page paper due the 8th, lucky bastards. On the bright side, I've already gotten two compliments on the truck, although... both were from guys :ugh3:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top