Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to change my reverse lights on my 2 and i dont know how to remove the factory tail lights can some one please post procedure to removing them..

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
assuming u still have 91 tails, i dont think u have to remove the factory lights...pull out the carpet lining in the trunk and u should be able to see and access the bulbs to change them...

·
Registered
270 Posts
listen to MRQturbo......

1. pull off plastic panel that covers the carpet line of your trunk (inside trunk right above tails), it uses snaps (be careful not to break, could be really stiff if it's the first time you've taken it off)

2. you should be able to loacte the light adapters on each side and everything else is pretty self explanitory

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 91 tails

yeh i have the 91 tails but u cant access the bulbs even when u pull the carpet back.. i think imma take it to toyota and have them do it unless someone here has already done it.. oh i know this is off the topic but MRQ do you know how much boost the stock 3sgte can take in psi and over all whp before i have to upgrade internals

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
stock ct-26....max boost is 16psi before it runs out of breath.....stock internals should be good for up to 300rwhp if u have the right supporting mods and tuning......

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just removed some tail lights from a 91 MR2 so I think I can help you. You have to remove the 4 brass nuts that hold the middle piece (the part that goes inbetween your tail lights) you need to pull the carpet back to access these. Then what I did was pryed the middle piece out so that i could get access to prying the tail lights out. You'll be able to tell that there's something holding them on at the ends though. the very corner lens of the tail lights can be popped out and there's two screws behind that lens that are the only things actually holding the tail light in (aside from the center piece that we moved out of the way) take out these 2 screws and the assembly should come right out. then you can replace your bulbs :) sorry if this msg is jumbled, hopefully you can make sense of it..

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts