Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, im wondering how much an Engine overhaul would cost in the GTA and if it will add any performance/life to the engine.

as of right now, im looking for longer life to the car, but any performance i gain will be a big bonus.

i have been looking at doing the 3sgte swap, however thats a price id rather not see. however if this is generally a better buy, i ll have to look into it further.

also, im looking for 'blacked out tail lights' for my 90 celica GT-S..if anyone knows what im talking about and knows where i can find them (GTA prefably) it'd help a lot.
Thanks

·
Boooost
159 Posts
i haven't seen any blacked out tail lights around...i've seen DEEP's tail lights but those are custom....they only have the smoked ones around and the middle part is smoked as well...but that's about it...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Most performance shops carry the blackout kit for taillights. Another alternative is stainglass window paint that is available at most arts & crafts stores. Remove the taillihts. Use a rag and wipe them down clean. Spray paint on using light even stokes from side to side, about 6-8 inches from the taillight, and let dry
You may need about 3 coats, depending on how dark you want to go. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice, thanks.

I know with window tinting, you can only go to a certain stage before its illegal, i assume its the same with tail lights??

also, still wondering about the engine =)

Most performance shops carry the blackout kit for taillights.
any places you would recommend in the clarckson erinmills area? heh

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure what places will carry them for sure, just call around shops in the yellow pages, I beliieve Cockpit on Dundas/Dixie carries it. Not sure how much it goes for. Contact Deep on here, I saw his car last year at a TN meet, and his turned out really good. As for illegal, I havent heard anything stating that it is, but I believe that as long as you can see the light coming through, theres no problem. I sprayed mine red, and put a couple coats on it so it got fairly dark, but it is on a red body, so it suits the car pretty well. Whatever you decide, best of luck with it. Also my advice is to mask off the entire tailight, except the orange and spray a coat or two so that the taillights stay a consistant colour. Ive seen a few cars with blacked/redded out tails, and the orange still shows. Plus painting the bulb behind the orange lens, will make the blinker blink red. Best of luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a black celica, so im going to try to black out the lights quite a bit, but i really don't want to get nailed by the car behind me at night, so ill definatly watch how dark it actually gets.

thanks for the help

·
Boooost
159 Posts
use the night shade...it won't affect your lighting as much as tint and regular paint...

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
I used Tamiya Color (car modeling) spray for polycarbonate on the rear of my gray Celica... it looks great (pics in my cardomain page).
As for the law, regulations state that your rear end has to be visible as far as 50 mts, but this paint does the trick nicely, I couldnt finish it off very well because I ran out of paint (I had bought it in Germany for 6.36 euros a can)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts