Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Those are not just LED bulb replacements in the picture you posted. That person replaced his entire tail light fixtures with versions that have LEDs. You can find them on eBay (or at least used to be able to) and there is a DIY guide somewhere in the forum on how to install them.

If you just want to replace the bulbs with LED versions, there are a bunch of places on the forum. Try doing a search. SuperBrightLEDs.com seems to be very popular, but V-LEDs.com and a couple of others seem good also.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Those are not just LED bulb replacements in the picture you posted. That person replaced his entire tail light fixtures with versions that have LEDs. You can find them on eBay (or at least used to be able to) and there is a DIY guide somewhere in the forum on how to install them.

If you just want to replace the bulbs with LED versions, there are a bunch of places on the forum. Try doing a search. SuperBrightLEDs.com seems to be very popular, but V-LEDs.com and a couple of others seem good also.
I think he knows its the whole fixture that was replaced. He was inquiring about the turn signal and reverse lights.

Reverse light bulbs are 921. They are night bright during the day and not visible. Its good at night. I have reverse bulb lights that I dont use and want to sell.

superbrightleds.com has a kit that lets you splice wires to let you use LEDs in the turn signal. I would do it but I dont like cutting/splicing into factory wirings unless I really have to.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
I think he knows its the whole fixture that was replaced. He was inquiring about the turn signal and reverse lights.

Reverse light bulbs are 921. They are night bright during the day and not visible. Its good at night. I have reverse bulb lights that I dont use and want to sell.

superbrightleds.com has a kit that lets you splice wires to let you use LEDs in the turn signal. I would do it but I dont like cutting/splicing into factory wirings unless I really have to.

Hey guys, just to tell you, I"ve replaced just about every bulb in my car with LED's. The hardest ones by far are the blinkers because they screw with many things. For example, they will/can A)Blow your relay, B)Cause "hyper flashing," C)Blow the blinker fuse, D) Affect the overall voltage of your chasse, causing interference in other systems like the radio (since your chasse is your antenna). Proceed with caution because I've had all the above problems even after doing careful research. Also, superbrightleds.com sells a special blinker relay for LED blinkers. I will tell you ahead of time, this is a tough(er) install and will not solve all the problems. And watch out if you buy those resistors, they get very, very, VERY hot. They will melt anything they touch besides metal. So just know what you're in for before you spend a couple hundred replacing all your bulbs.

Here's a video of them. (And yes, I did finally find out how to get the rear reading lights out.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScymscuyKg

·
2007 Toyota Camry SEI4
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ye i know the tailights are leds ive ordered my set should be coming in next week!

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Here's a video of them. (And yes, I did finally find out how to get the rear reading lights out.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScymscuyKg
I gave up on the rear reading lights. I can take it out of the headliner but getting to the bulbs is a different story. I already broke a tab trying to separate the cover.

Did you change the glove box? That is another one I kind of gave up. That little sucker is hard. I dont want to squeeze it too hard and end up breaking the bulb making things even worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts