Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 1995 T100 SR5 with the 5vz-fe a few weeks ago, and I've been trying to troubleshoot a few electrical problems. Only my high beams turn on when I turn on the headlight switch. Backlighting on my instrument cluser and tailights are out. Brake lights work. Tried messing with the dimmer switch/ rheostat and still nothing. Warnings lights come on on the cluster and high beams and indicator that's it. Anyone have any suggestions? I can see where it says tailight relay on the fuse box (B spot on comment below picture) and there's no relay there. I looked up the relay and it looks like a 3 terminal male connection. That is odd bc the slot where it says it goes on my fuse box is also a 3 terminal male connection. Am I just looking at the wrong relay or something. Someone please enlighten me. Here's the one I'm pulling up on it.
Standard Motor Products
P/N 96789ZZ
Liquid Drink Cylinder Skin care Font

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Changing the bulbs behind your cluster involves taking the speedometer cable loose from under the vehicle and take the gromit in the fire wall loose to allow enough free play to get the cluster away from dash to access all the connectors for removal.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,837 Posts
Its kind of hard to see, but the fuse box has 3 male terminals and the TL relay does, too. ??? View attachment 347943 m
You need to git the proper fuses in the proper spots. Although the mini fuses kinda work in the ATC/ATO fuse sockets, yer best bet is to use the proper fuse size. Replace the mini fuses. ;)

The 20A mini fuse you have in the Cig spot should be a 15A (blue). Putting in a higher amperage fuse puts the circuit at risk of frying wire. If yer blowing that fuse, you need to run a separate circuit fer the accessory yer trying to run on that cigarette lighter outlet.

Here's another thread over at Yotatech with the fuse box. ;)

Another thread... ;)

...and another thread. ;)

BTW, do you have a trailer light adapter installed? If you do, you could try pulling it out of the circuit and see if yer issue goes away. If it does, yer adapter is the culprit. This is a common issue with the trailer light adapters. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts