Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
REV
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

has anyone here taken the stock spoiler off their camry? surprisingly not many videos or post on this piece of the car.

I just ordered a trd spoiler and was wondering if anyone else have done this before?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,325 Posts
It's probably sealed and bolted down or it is 3M taped and bolted down or it is sealed, 3M taped and bolted down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey everyone,

has anyone here taken the stock spoiler off their camry? surprisingly not many videos or post on this piece of the car.

I just ordered a trd spoiler and was wondering if anyone else have done this before?

It's taped and bolted down. You will have holes to either cap or seal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since its taped and bolted down have you made sure the bolt holes match up between new spoilers or is it a direct fit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since its taped and bolted down have you made sure the bolt holes match up between new spoilers or is it a direct fit?
If I'm not mistaken, the are NEW bolt holes.
I too want the new spoiler, but do not want the ugly leftover holes; which means not only do I have to spend money on the new wing, but spend money to fill and paint the holes.
Another member has already put in a new wing.

·
REV
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I'm not mistaken, the are NEW bolt holes.
I too want the new spoiler, but do not want the ugly leftover holes; which means not only do I have to spend money on the new wing, but spend money to fill and paint the holes.
Another member has already put in a new wing.
you are right, it's becoming a deal breaker for me. the TRD spoiler is cool but those holes are a big turn off

·
REV
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what if I keep the stock. spoiler on and just put the TRD one on as well?

would I become a clown car? I mean the stock spoiler isn't even that noticeable but would cover up the holes

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
what if I keep the stock. spoiler on and just put the TRD one on as well?

would I become a clown car? I mean the stock spoiler isn't even that noticeable but would cover up the holes
If that is what you want to do then you can. How will it effect aerodynamics is debatable...

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I suspect clown car. Also the factory wing might impede into the bottom/middle part of the TRD wing.
I would suspect potential leak issues and structural integrity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts