Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just stopping by to say hello to this forum. Very recently I traded my 07 Tacoma prerunner for a 2011 4 Runner SR5 4x4. definitely not new to Toyotas but I have never owned a 4Runner and I've always been interested in them. My wife owns a 2012 Camry and we've been very happy with Toyota so far. I'm not new to 4 x 4's either, I've had six Jeeps, from wranglers to grand Cherokees. I'm very impressed and I feel like a kid that just got the coolest toy with this 4Runner, it has so many options and comforts. I got this one from a Toyota Dealership for $21K, it has 134K miles but it is in immaculate condition. Not a scratch inside or outside, it drives like a dream and it was one owner who serviced it throughout its life at Toyota. I wouldn't have bought any other car with this kind of miles unless it was a Toyota. Would you guys consider this a good deal or should I start erasing the grin off my face?

·
10th Gen Addict
3,290 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! $21k seems like a pretty good deal for a 4Runner in that good of condition. Either way, don't erase your grin off of your face whether if it was a great deal or not. You've got an amazing SUV so just enjoy it and be glad you got it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your purchase! $21k seems like a pretty good deal for a 4Runner in that good of condition. Either way, don't erase your grin off of your face whether if it was a great deal or not. You've got an amazing SUV so just enjoy it and be glad you got it. :thumbsup:
I appreciate the comment!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Kelly Blue Book for a 2011 SR5 with 134k miles comes up as $23k to $26 off a dealer lot. Without knowing what packages your SR5 has it is hard to tell. But for the basic SR5, that's the numbers that come up. Seems like you got a very good deal. Happy Motoring and congrats.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's just me, but I'd rather put in another $12k - $14k and get a brand new 2017 SR5 with fully warranty.
You drive another 7 yrs to get to that kind of miles. Even though it's a Toyota but things will break as they get ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
It's just me, but I'd rather put in another $12k - $14k and get a brand new 2017 SR5 with fully warranty.
You drive another 7 yrs to get to that kind of miles. Even though it's a Toyota but things will break as they get ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And we all know how well Toyota stands behind their warranties. :surprise:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the same thing. I just bought a 2011 4Runner Trail with 119xxx miles for $19800. It is spotless inside and out and I have every repair order that was written and the best plus was the lady bought it new and had just traded it on a 2017 Limited
I just bought it on Friday and I love it! I figured that since I had just bought my wife a 2014 FJ Cruiser with 49,xxx miles and it was the same way 1 owner complete service records and it only went to the Toyota dealer, so since she is happy there was no argument for me to get the 4runner

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just did the same thing. I just bought a 2011 4Runner Trail with 119xxx miles for $19800. It is spotless inside and out and I have every repair order that was written and the best plus was the lady bought it new and had just traded it on a 2017 Limited
I just bought it on Friday and I love it! I figured that since I had just bought my wife a 2014 FJ Cruiser with 49,xxx miles and it was the same way 1 owner complete service records and it only went to the Toyota dealer, so since she is happy there was no argument for me to get the 4runner
Sounds like pretty good purchases. Enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since it's a Toyota, let's say it drives reliably to 200k miles. However the first 100k miles are more valuable because 0 to 100k is more peace of mind (plus warranty) as opposed to 100k to 200k, where you might have to worry about a few things (for example what if you need a new engine at 190k).
For this reason when you buy a 4runner with 100k miles, it should cost less than half of what a brand-new one costs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts