Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many of you have prepared to get your taxes done. I found out today that I'm going to have to pay in $850 or so. Just curious at how (un)lucky some of you other Tacoma members may be.

There goes my lift and new gun:sosad::disappoin

·
Registered
16 Posts
mhadden said:
... I'm going to have to pay in $850 or so. ...:sosad::disappoin
I WISH I was only paying $850. Last year it was over $13k. This is what happens when you have a side business. :eek:

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I squeaked by with the IRS paying me about 200$. I've made almost 10K more than I did last year. I have a bad feeling I'll be owing this year. :sosad:

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
OH my.... I don't want to even think about it. I could buy a couple of trucks with it.... what kind of truck, i'd rather not disclose.... it makes me sad.. :sosad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have already paid in more than enough this year. I should be getting back from the government.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought before I got whalloped with a $850 bill from Uncle Sam. Dammit.
:lol:

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
My wife and I have owed each of the last three years. I see no reason to believe that will change this year. :disappoin

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
Since last year was my first year in the real world with a real salary I have no idea what I'll get back. My plan is to save it and put toward a house/townhouse downpayment, but I have a feeling I may end up with some new toys for the truck:naughty:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Last year I had the bad luck of getting about $6K. I'm hoping that this year I can get lucky and owe a few hundred? We'll have to see?

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
toku58 said:
Last year I had the bad luck of getting about $6K. I'm hoping that this year I can get lucky and owe a few hundred? We'll have to see?
How is getting $6k back bad luck?

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
How is getting $6k back bad luck?
It's like lending the gov't $6K interest free for a year!! I would rather Have an interest free loan from them for a year!!
If you know anything about Taxes you know the you should always strive to get close to zero as possible!
I know I don't want to owe them large amounts of money for 3yrs in a row. They will audit you fo sho!!
They don't like lending you money interest free either!!

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotta love business writeoffs:clap: My father in law just bought an 07 Avalanche for his photography business.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
toku58 said:
It's like lending the gov't $6K interest free for a year!! I would rather Have an interest free loan from them for a year!!
If you know anything about Taxes you know the you should always strive to get close to zero as possible!
I know I don't want to owe them large amounts of money for 3yrs in a row. They will audit you fo sho!!
They don't like lending you money interest free either!!
ya I know you should strive to get close to breaking even... I guess I just didnt think about getting a $6k check as "bad luck", maybe more on the side of poor planning

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
I'm getting about $200 back this year. That will allow me to get new tires, black headlights, Stubbs sliders, and window tint at the same time.

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
For 2005, I had to pay over 4k.
I'm hoping I don't have to pay nearly as much in 2006, since I bought a house and created an LLC. I should have plenty of write-offs this time around.

Depending on how much I get back will dictate how much damage I can do to the truck:
Lift
Rims/tires
DVD/stereo

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
ya I know you should strive to get close to breaking even... I guess I just didnt think about getting a $6k check as "bad luck", maybe more on the side of poor planning
Yeah since the purchase of my new house and all the tax write offs I need to increase what we are claiming. My wife's no help she is resistant to changing here exemptions. She only claims 2 when she should be claiming about 5 or 6. :dunno:
Oh well what you gonna do? You can't tell a women what to do???:disappoin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts