Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
turbo cami
2005 toyota camry le
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i searched this fourm and found nothing.... so i would like to hear from some people who have upgraded there factory fuel pump with a walbro 255 or 190 unit... i upraded mine and blew out my factory in tank regulator out, but i had crushed it alittle to up the fuel pressure.... but now i have another stock regulator and i dont want to put the 255 pump back in if its just going to blow out the regulator again.. those things are 130 buck a pop! :headbang: thanks for any help u can give.:thumbsup:

·
2,670 Posts
Well, if you want higher fuel pressure, what you need is an aftermarket, adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

How long have you been t/c'd and running without an engine managment system? I'll get a friend of mine over here to help you with your question...He might be a little bit before he get's here to answer.

·
turbo cami
2005 toyota camry le
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have been running like this for two years with a a/f ratio of about 12.9.. thats acceptable for me.. but when i upgraded to a ssqv BOV i found out that my greddy BOV was causing a boost leak and keeping me at 5 psi... but now it has went up to like 7 and it is running at like 13.9 a/f ratio and thats too lean for me... i have looked at this pump module and i havent really figured out a way to use a riseing rate regulator.:headbang:

if u havent noticed, i have a 05 camry but the camry and the tc share the same engine platform and i know most people on this site say nothing is interchangeable, but i know it is.. i have a scion tc fuel pump module sitting in front of me next to a 05 camry module and they are the same with the aception of the tc module doesnt have the tank pressure sensor on the top portion of the module..

·
Registered
65 Posts
is it 13.9 driving or under boost? im not 100% sure on the tc/camry but when i did a 255 in my cressida i didnt change the regulator or mess with fule pressure at it ran fine, so its kinda hit or miss really, but to be safe you may wanna get a FPR, there not too bad, anywhere from 80-130ish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.