Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
9,480 Posts
better torque in tC (160hp, 163lb/ft) than in Celi GTS (180hp, 130lb/ft).

in stock form IMO, tC will haul ass, Celi GTS will just drag ass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me assure you. The Celica, in any form, is weak. I drove one not too long ago, because I thought thats what I wanted for my next car. I was redlining the cursed thing just to accelerate... The salesman said, "feel that power?" ... I laughed and said "what power?!? I dont like this thing." and we took it back. He didnt say another word the whole ride back...

Drove the tC. Honestly, it's not a sports car, nor does it claim to be. It's like a miata... Only, you can actually use it for everyday things. ... I realize that it says "sports coupe" but it's not meant to destroy 'vettes... So get one of those if you wanna destroy other cars. :)

Happy Hunting.

·
Noob :-)
ST185 & MCV20
501 Posts
mikeyb3d said:
Let me assure you. The Celica, in any form, is weak. I drove one not too long ago, because I thought thats what I wanted for my next car. I was redlining the cursed thing just to accelerate... The salesman said, "feel that power?" ... I laughed and said "what power?!? I dont like this thing." and we took it back. He didnt say another word the whole ride back...
So, you test drove a Celica for one time and you can give "an assurance" that "The Celica, in any form is weak"? :rolleyes:
May be you don't know how to drive that car.
May be you don't know how to land in lift.

Back to the topic,
Stock-to-stock, I pick the GT-S over the tC.
GTS is much lighter car, six speed, better braking and better handling overall.
But like many said, tC is more bang for the buck.
Tough choice? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ST185 said:
So, you test drove a Celica for one time and you can give "an assurance" that "The Celica, in any form is weak"? :rolleyes:
May be you don't know how to drive that car.
May be you don't know how to land in lift.

Back to the topic,
Stock-to-stock, I pick the GT-S over the tC.
GTS is much lighter car, six speed, better braking and better handling overall.
But like many said, tC is more bang for the buck.
Tough choice? :)
:werd:

In stock form the GT-S will handle a tc all day. However, since the new TRD superchargers are out, The supercharged tC will beat out the Celica GT-S and hopefully the RSX Type-S and 06' Civic Si's. The tC has more hp than all of them. and only weighing about 26 pounds more than the Si. But as a N/A car, I would go for a GT-S. It's better in every way as a performance sports car.

·
_ _ _ _ _
121 Posts
To be objective and only present the facts to you:
05 tC vs 05 Celica GTS
tC has a $6,000 less msrp
tC has a $5,000 less invoice price
has a $25 less destination charge
tC has a user rating of 9.1 over the GTS' 8.8
the GTS has 20 more horsepower
The tC has 33 more ft-lb torque
The GTS has a 6spd manual over the tC's 5spd manual
The GTS gets slightly better gas mileage
The tC comes with a STANDARD Sunroof, the GTS it's Optional
The GTS has optional leather, the tC doesnt
The tC has seating for 5, whereas the GTS only has seating for 4
The tC has STANDARD ABS brakes, the GTS' are Optional
The GTS weighs 300lbs less than the tC
The GTS has a smaller wheelbase
The GTS has less width, length, and height
The GTS has more ground clearance
The tC has a tighter turning diameter
The tC comes with better tires and wheels
The tC comes with standard vehicle anti-theft, the GTS' is Optional
The GTS has standard fog lights, the tC is Optional
No mudguards available for the GTS, the tC are Optional
The GTS has a standard leather steering wheel, the tC doesnt
The tC has Optional side curtain airbags, the GTS has none
The tC has a Standard first aid kit, the GTS' is Optional

·
_ _ _ _ _
121 Posts
Obviously each has their ups and downs, but the tC wins hands down and is greater bang for the buck, horsepower and torque become almost negligible once you consider how much more torque the tC has over the GTS...... the only advantage I see the GTS as having is it being 300lbs lighter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
asifmbadar said:
Obviously each has their ups and downs, but the tC wins hands down and is greater bang for the buck, horsepower and torque become almost negligible once you consider how much more torque the tC has over the GTS...... the only advantage I see the GTS as having is it being 300lbs lighter.
No doubt the tC is an excellent toyota quality car. I love the moonroof and all the standard features, however im more into performance aspect of the car. A GT-S is alot faster stock. It handles way better and is Standard 6 speed transmission. I own a GT-S and my brother has a tC, We race all the time. Freeway, from a stop, rolling start you name it. The Celica owns the tC performance wise. The tC only keeps on the first 1st and 2nd gear, because of the torque while when I hit Lift in 3rd, im pulling away by car lengths. If your a race enthusiast, like me. That love to drive fast and race, I would go get the GT-S. But if you want a car that is cheaper, more roomier, not fast but not slow. Get the tC. That's my opinion. Love them both cuz there Toyota!:rockon:

·
Registered
39 Posts
thats right, stock stock the tc has no chance over the gts, or even the corolla xrs, but on a base of proformance i have yet to find out. and the celica in any form is not weak, only the gt ones which could of been the one you test drove. but the 2zz does out proforms the 2az because of the DOHC VVTL-i.

·
Registered
90 Posts
if this guy is still looking to buy a car, he is swinging on a celica considering there arent any available, at least in the Southeast. There are only 2 GT auto left out there!!!

And, of course, the tC is the better car. Yes, in stock form, the Celica GTS will outrun the tC, if that is all that matters. But, so will the XRS corolla/matrix as stated before. But, the tC is a much more solid car and has much better potential in the performance side. And a great deal cheaper. So add the super charger and you still aren't at the GTS price, and will blow the doors off of it

just my 2c's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who ever says that the tc is better than celica has no idea what they are talking about. celica gts looks good for ones and it is sporty, i think that should be enough for you tc lovers.tc over all sucks. TRUE story. I went at toyota dealership in my mr2 and i asked if they had a sports car, the sales person takes at the scion room and point at the tc. He says, thats the sport car so how about you come when the new supra its in pruduction. So i left

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.