Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. i just got a corolla 1981 te72 coupe 2dr. Im wondering if AE86 rear springs work for the rear of my car. like TRD lowering springs for example. My only other option is the paradise racing rear coilovers but thats just about the same price as my car $500!!! i cant spend that much. thanks

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hey bud... you're kinda stuck. both the TRD springs and the Paradise coils are a lot of money. as far as i know the springs will fit.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
get air shocks for the rear and you'll be ablde to adjust them to your liking
also i had lincoln towncar airbags on mine (for the rear) and i slammed it with an air compressor. it will take some adjustments but its worth it:thumbup:

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
sajeepetalon said:
Hey guys. i just got a corolla 1981 te72 coupe 2dr. Im wondering if AE86 rear springs work for the rear of my car. like TRD lowering springs for example. My only other option is the paradise racing rear coilovers but thats just about the same price as my car $500!!! i cant spend that much. thanks
Ah dang! i paid 600 for my car!! lol, its amazing how cheap a good car is

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow this was the question i was wondering for so long....
i am so excited now that i know ae86 springs would work on a te72.. but heres the thing.. i have a te72 wagon.... any difference there? and would the ae86 shocks/struts work on the front too?

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
not 100% sure, but I think the wagons have leaf springs in the back, dont they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts