Toyota Nation Forum banner

techinfo.toyota.com and TIS (Technical Information System)

8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  guyslp 
#1 ·
Since what follows is really overarching what anyone who may want to get materials techinfo.toyota.com might want to know, I thought I'd post here.

I'm a new, first-time owner of a Toyota. In this case it's a 2004 Solara SLE convertible. I am well aware that any discussion of pirated versions of the Factory Service Manual (FSM) are forbidden, but it appears that the site referenced is Toyota's official source for all sorts of technical documents for Toyotas across many model years.

As of this writing, this page: https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_pageLabel=ti_whats_tis&_nfpb=true, indicates that a 48 hour subscription to the site is $20, which would be money very well spent if the documentation there can be downloaded for personal use after having subscribed. It certainly appears that it can, as it's stated that the material is in PDF format. The list of materials available if one clicks through on the, >>Toyota TIS Library, link on that page is extensive, even for a single model year.

What I don't know is whether something like the FSM there is presented as a single document, or is broken into chapters, or how the other documents may be arranged.

Can anyone who has experience using the Toyota TIS site to acquire technical documentation shed some light on how they have things arranged. It's my intention to join and obtain legal copies of this material for my personal use, but I have no idea how many files I may be having to download and want to budget my time such that I have enough to snag all the core ones, or all of them that are available, while I am a subscriber. Given the age of my car, I doubt that there will be anything being released in the future regarding it, and I'd like to have the FSM and other documents for the DIY work I will almost certainly be undertaking from time to time.

Thanks in advance for any guidance and assistance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.