Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many threads for lowering 2007 Camry using TRD(Eibach) or Sprint Springs but I cannot find any information that I need. I have known eibach brand since I was in High School(1995). I don't know anything about Sprint Spring. In college, I put neuspeed springs on my civic and I didn't realy like the feel of neuspeed springs. For the Tein, I cannot find the right model number for 2007 Camry or may be they don't make spring for 2007 Camry.

Base on my research, I make some conclusion:

1. Majority people don't like the Sprint Springs.
2. TRD(Eibach) Springs does not offer a good specs (Too much gap).
3. I don't think Neuspeed makes springs for 2007 Camry (I don't care if they do anyway).
4. 2007 Camry Tien springs is still under development.
5. I read in the Lexus forum that Tanabe may have spring for Camry.
6. H&R springs for 2007 Camry does not exists in US market yet. The springs are still being R&D in Germany.
7. I cannot find other brand that offer a good springs for 2007 Camry.

Any one wants to add somthing here?

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
sokece said:
There are many threads for lowering 2007 Camry using TRD(Eibach) or Sprint Springs but I cannot find any information that I need. I have known eibach brand since I was in High School(1995). I don't know anything about Sprint Spring. In college, I put neuspeed springs on my civic and I didn't realy like the feel of neuspeed springs. For the Tein, I cannot find the right model number for 2007 Camry or may be they don't make spring for 2007 Camry.

Base on my research, I make some conclusion:

1. Majority people don't like the Sprint Springs.
2. TRD(Eibach) Springs does not offer a good specs (Too much gap).
3. I don't think Neuspeed makes springs for 2007 Camry (I don't care if they do anyway).
4. I email Tien USA for the 2007 Camry springs model number. (I'm waiting for the reply)
5. I read in the Lexus forum that Tanabe may have spring for Camry.
5. I cannot find other brand that offer a good springs for 2007 Camry.

Any one wants to add somthing here?
I guess you didn't know H&R have springs for both the I4 and V6 '07 Camry, 1.4" drop for the front and 1.3" for the rear. Price is $329.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epsilon said:
I guess you didn't know H&R have springs for both the I4 and V6 '07 Camry, 1.4" drop for the front and 1.3" for the rear. Price is $329.
H&R is good brand. I heard this brand before. Mostly, This springs use for european cars (MBZ, BMW, etc). Do you know where i can get this spring online? I cannot find anyone carry this and sells online. I will edit my post and add H&R springs in the list (I'm not sure if I can do that)

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
sokece said:
H&R is good brand. I heard this brand before. Mostly, This springs use for european cars (MBZ, BMW, etc). Do you know where i can get this spring online? I cannot find anyone carry this and sells online. I will edit my post and add H&R springs in the list (I'm not sure if I can do that)
There's a list of H&R distributors for each state on their site: http://www.hrsprings.com

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
touringcamry said:
Can the springs be used with the stock dampers (non-SE) or is it better to use aftermarket dampers?
As of right now there's no aftermarket shocks/struts.

·
Support Authenticity!!!
2,675 Posts
so far, the H&R springs are probably your best bet in terms of ride comfort.
as for shocks, i think KYB might be making one for the 07 camry, not sure if its for the 14 or the v6 though

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
moky said:
as for shocks, i think KYB might be making one for the 07 camry, not sure if its for the 14 or the v6 though
I would disagree. I would think TRD would be better for ride comfort since H&R springs are usually known for their performance, thus the springs should be somewhat stiff. But I may wrong.

·
Don't get mad. Get even.
a Toyota camry, daaa
1,779 Posts
moky said:
I talked to KYB and if they do something it won't be aleast until 2008....

·
Support Authenticity!!!
2,675 Posts
Epsilon said:
I would disagree. I would think TRD would be better for ride comfort since H&R springs are usually known for their performance, thus the springs should be somewhat stiff. But I may wrong.
i always thought that h&r was also known for their comfort. my bad then.:)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Epsilon said:
This man is right on the money. The more comfortable ride is going to be your eibach, hands down, no doubt about it when compared to H&R. H&R is a great spring, but, like was mentioned above its more performance oriented and sacrifices alot of comfort. We sold a good amount of both in the shop i used to work at. Progress was another brand we pushed and they made a good spring too. Nothing for the Camry though, unfortunately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
akira751 said:
How much of a drop are you looking for??
I don't know how much drop that I need. Ussually, I measure the gap and go from there. 0.5 - 1 inch gap or 1 - 1.5 finger measurement is good enough for me. I notice you put TRD spring on your car. Can you please measure the gap using your finger? (Stick your finger on the gap between fender and tire). I'm planning to put 19" wheel with 235/35/19 tire.

·
Registered
Gen 6 Camry
199 Posts
better way to measure is measure from center of wheel to the center of the arc on the fender well opening. then at least that way you can figure out how much difference it would be in order to use a bigger wheel.

·
Registered
383 Posts
im going to do TRD drop with 20s. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know some people cut their aftermarket spring instead replacing with a bigger tire. They go with more drop in the begining and go from there (cut the coil). I don't know how much you can cut the spring but i heard there is a limitation. As far as I know, the ride is going to be bumpy though. If you concern about safety, it will be the same as replacing with bigger diagonal. I'm against both method, you will lose confort, performance or safety.

If eibach offers their sport line for 2007 Camry, I may got with that. Currently, Eibach only offers pro kit line. I like eibach spring and their reputation but It doesn't give me what i want. I'm happy to see H&R offer better specs than eibach. This is what i'm looking for. At last, it all goes down to money. I may go with eibach if H&R cost a lot more.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts