Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious- has anyone ever tried it? Now that Ive heard the gen 4 springs fit the gen 3 as well... Im curious to know what kind of a drop these would produce. Im nto positive if that is even confirmed... I seem to recall milt using part of a set of tein springs on his gen 3 coupe before he got coilovers, but werent those from a solara?

I guess does anyone have definate confirmation that gen 4 camry springs fit the gen 3? Im weighing my suspension options for the spring and would like a little more drop without getting into full coilovers... but that may be my only choice.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
:lol: damon, i'm gonna back you up on this. i really want a nicer drop for the coupe that's lower than eibachs but am not willing to sacrifice ride quality to coilovers.

so yeah... help the 3rd gen people out!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
same boat as dysk8forlife if there is nothing out there then im just gonna spend it all on the coilovers and be a man. (my body is gonna hate me if i go this way lol)

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha shut up george!

Im almost positive milt has used solara springs on his coupe, im just curious to know if they work... im trying to help the community here!:lol:

if i have the money by march ill just get ksports but the tranny swap is my prime payment concern at the moment

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
Yeah, I used solara Tein on the rear of my camry and the springs work for the gen4 as well. I have the teins all around on my daily now, but I am waiting to get my wheels back from getting polished for some pics.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
so the consencus is that 1st gen solara teins will work on 3rg gen camry's up front and rear?

·
3,836 Posts
^^^^ Read again.....

Miltdoggie said:
Yeah, I used solara Tein on the rear of my camry and the springs work for the gen4 as well. I have the teins all around on my daily now, but I am waiting to get my wheels back from getting polished for some pics.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
"I have teins all around" hmm so yea I can read you have it all around but did you modify it to work for the front thats what I'm saying you mention only the rears didnt need modifying to work but when you say only the rear you make it seem like the front would need some modifications to work just wanted to know!!

·
3,836 Posts
felonyr301 said:
"I have teins all around" hmm so yea I can read you have it all around but did you modify it to work for the front thats what I'm saying you mention only the rears didnt need modifying to work but when you say only the rear you make it seem like the front would need some modifications to work just wanted to know!!

read it again..... Not once did I say anything about modifying anything... so read it again.... you make the call.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im going to do everyone a favor and come out and say it so this topic wont be brought up again...

1ST GEN SOLARA SPRINGS FIT THE GEN 3 CAMRY WITHOUT MODIFICATION. -Milt

:lol:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
so anyways i guess im just gonna buy these and the tokico struts in november then and thanks for the info just look up and the tein's give a 1.6 drop in the front and 1.4 in the back so thats good. So dysk8forlife are you gonna forget about the k-sport coilovers or not?:)

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well see felony, I still want to see them on Milt's car just to be sure...

it depends on my money situation this spring

1 - 20 of 76 Posts