Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put on the Tein S-Spec springs. They are amazing! So firm, and cushy, and bouncy. Gave it a good 1” or 1.5” drop all around (Didn’t measure it!) Really sport feeling but oem too. Definitely gave it a stance. Very happy I went with them! The project was kind of a bear, especially with the back mount bolts being only reachable with a small box wrench. Overall I’d give it a 7 or 8 on the difficulty scale as far as install goes. Be prepared to rough it a little and solve problems and correct mistakes.

·
Camreee
'99 Auto V6
342 Posts
If you remove the side trim panels on the c pillars you can lift up the insulation and interior covering the rear strut mounts and fit a torque wrench on them.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
1,954 Posts
Which struts did you use?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shopped around for a little while and got the best deal I could find. The were a little over $200 with shipping and everything.

I just reused the struts for now because the struts were all replaced a few years ago and I was trying to stay on budget because I had some other repairs and expenses to consider. It actually rides really nice. The alignment is not even bad. Going to get it realigned soon though. Very nice upgrade. If you’re even thinking about it, go for it. You’re gonna love it.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
1,954 Posts
Thanks for the review. The default choice was eibach before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Tein SKL20-AUB00 are listed as Gen4 only, 4Dr I4 only (cant handle added V6 weight?) and unavailable most places including Tein. $200 was a good price too!

There are a few on Ebay though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts