Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay well i got this crazy idea of spraying my hubcaps in flat black and i went ahead and cleaned the shit out of them and sprayed them. tell me what you think of the final product

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
okay well i got this crazy idea of spraying my hubcaps in flat black and i went ahead and cleaned the shit out of them and sprayed them. tell me what you think of the final product

i think it looks good, just go ahead and give it a nice coat of clear coat to give it that glossy finish and I think that it will look great!!

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was thinking of that. not sure i want a glossy finish though i kinda like the flat thing. i havent made my mind up yet =P

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
not bad, i have the same hub caps and was thinking about doing the same thing. My car is gray so i dunno if it would look to good, but that's pretty tight on your car.

·
Togue superstar
00 Camry LE
670 Posts
could have just taken off your hubcaps if you wanted that look.

Better yet, get black rims!

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could have just taken off your hubcaps if you wanted that look.

Better yet, get black rims!

yeah i thought of that but the steelies would need paint too =/. i figured id just do the hub caps and if i didnt like it id toss them and run just steelies but i think its good enough for now. and i wish i had the extra money for rims haha.

and thanks carsrus :)

·
toyota = cool
Toyota Camry CE
490 Posts
i painted my factory wheels and they did look good but it's best to get them powder coated.

here is my wheel timeline:

factory look

painted

before powder coating

after

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much did you pay for the Lexus rims?

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats not bad at all. i wish i had some money for that :( lol

·
1994 5S-FYOU!
1994 Toyota Camry
1,602 Posts
Looks good for the amount of work put into it!

When you don't have the cash for rims you gotta do what you gotta do :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha everyone and their rims. i dont know if it would even be a good idea where i live. if anyone is familiar with springfield ma theyd know how poor this city is and how many huge pot holes there are around. i know 3 kids that wrecked their rims in a matter of months.

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
haha everyone and their rims. i dont know if it would even be a good idea where i live. if anyone is familiar with springfield ma theyd know how poor this city is and how many huge pot holes there are around. i know 3 kids that wrecked their rims in a matter of months.
haha yeah I know what you mean. I live in a place where potholes are as big as turkeys and people love their rims(the bigger the better) I can't even begin to tell you how many bent rims I've seem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Plush, Looks awesome, Is that flat black powder? I just put some black wheels on my expedition and had one heck of a time finding black lug nuts but it was worth it.

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its actually rustoleum flat black plastic paint. and thanks :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts