Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 corolla
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1992 corolla dx with 182000 miiles on it. i am having problems with my temp gauge( on the tach cluster if that makes a difference), the guage is reading that i am over heating when i first start the car after it has been running, and i kno its not over heating i can lean on the radiator, now after a few mins of running the gauge will drop down and act normal? i am so confussed i replaced the sensor and its a new gauge.....any ideas on what it could be? does it have two sensors or a relay i dont know about since its only doing it when i start it from a warm start? any help would be greatly apprecaited....thxs

·
iAzn
1988 toyo Corolla DX
1,492 Posts
Make sure you don't have air in the cooling system or a small clog somewhere.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
There are 2 coolant sensors. I cannot remember exactly what the 2nd one does. One is small, the other is larger. They screw into the same area and also if there is an air pocket the sensor will give a false reading. Make sure if you replaced a sensor, make sure it was the correct sensor. BTW, these sensors are not cheap.

1989 Toyota Corolla SR5 with carb. and 5-spd manual trans.

·
Registered
1992 corolla
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thxs, i ended up replacing the smaller one, and found out it was just an air pocket given me that false reading, just had to run the heat to fix that.. thanks for the reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts